Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon’s 5 part Trilogy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a little confused by this. Why will anyone now pay extra for Ranger service, if even without it my car will get fixed and I don't have to leave my home or office? I'd rather they take it to the service center where they have all their instruments, so I am incentivized not to use a Ranger if they'll come get the car anyway and give me a P85 loaner (which I would look forward to being able to drive).
My read is that the loaner cars are available either (a) if you drive to a Service Center and then drive off in a loaner or (b) a Ranger drives a loaner MS to you and leaves it with you while he drives/flat-beds your MS back to the Service Center. Presumably (a) is available to anyone, while (b) is charged as a Ranger visit.

Today (Tuesday the 24th) is exactly two weeks after Musk publicized the service loaning program. That said, I'd say it is reasonable to expect an announcement regarding Superchargers by Friday.

It is already known they plan to announce the following SC sites: the Pacific Northwest, Florida, Texas, Illinois, Northeast and California. I think this will produce 10-12 new 120kW charging stations. Also, look for the hinting of more exciting charging installations in the future....I believe those looking for big news here will be disappointed.

I would hope Tesla turns their attention to a software upgrade in the near future that can direct drivers to SC locations. What does everyone think of the new 120kW chargers? Assuming no changes are made to software, this can provide 200 miles of range in 30 minutes.

Elon just tweeted:

"There is a way for the Tesla Model S to be recharged throughout the country faster than you could fill a gas tank."

"
Don't forget the mystery announcement. Part 5 of the trilogy."

Now since I don't assume they could get the superchargers to charge at multiple megawatts, this might be hinting towards exchanging the battery?

Elon just tweeted:

"There is a way for the Tesla Model S to be recharged throughout the country faster than you could fill a gas tank."

"

Now since I don't assume they could get the superchargers to charge at multiple megawatts, this might be hinting towards exchanging the battery?

Tesla files Metal-Air Battery Patents | tsunster innovations
The Patent describes a Hybrid of the Conventional tesla Battery Technology combined with the Metal Air Battery, To "recharge" the Metal Air Battery you simply need to exchange the used up "Metal Air Casset" which would weight around 20lb and refill it with Water. That totally fits the "faster then you can fill a gas tank"

Elon just tweeted:

"

What I find interesting is Elon's the reference is to the Model S being recharged not the battery being recharged. He is such a tease with these tweets:smile: