Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon: 10.5 in about 10 days (roughly Nov 21)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the release notes were spotted:
9Y9qdq5.jpg

Anyone know if "merges" and "merge object" are referring to different situations? Changing away from merges should be neat as I do that manually on highways to avoid Autopilot suddenly slowing down for a merging vehicle.

However the merge item about intersections might mean a more general concept than 2 adjacent lanes merging into 1, so maybe this means the merge behavior applies to cross traffic turns into your lane?

They definitely need to fix the lane changing behavior. This makes FSD Beta more trouble than its worth to me. I've used regular-old TACC more than ever since getting FSD Beta because of how bad it is at choosing the correct lane. Its cool being on the cutting edge, but when it randomly turns on a blinker and freaks out the person next to me and then decides not to get over, or when it gets over into the right lane to get behind a grandma going 10 below my current set speed when a left turn is coming up in a couple blocks and the left lane was completely open, it has me pulling out my hair. It seems like the lane choice logic should be fairly straight forward. I'd actually prefer that they give us more control over what FSD is allowed to do. I'd completely turn off lane change (like you can do for NoAP) and use the blinker stalk to control the lane manually and just let it handle turns, traffic lights, lane keeping, etc.

Reactions: tivoboy
They definitely need to fix the lane changing behavior. This makes FSD Beta more trouble than its worth to me. I've used regular-old TACC more than ever since getting FSD Beta because of how bad it is at choosing the correct lane. Its cool being on the cutting edge, but when it randomly turns on a blinker and freaks out the person next to me and then decides not to get over, or when it gets over into the right lane to get behind a grandma going 10 below my current set speed when a left turn is coming up in a couple blocks and the left lane was completely open, it has me pulling out my hair. It seems like the lane choice logic should be fairly straight forward. I'd actually prefer that they give us more control over what FSD is allowed to do. I'd completely turn off lane change (like you can do for NoAP) and use the blinker stalk to control the lane manually and just let it handle turns, traffic lights, lane keeping, etc.

I hope 10.5 improves this behavior, because it's driving me crazy as well. Upcoming right turn? Car insists on being in the left lane, then tries to cut across two lanes at the last minute to make the turn. It should get in whatever lane it needs to be in and stay there, I hate the random lane changes. I have an 5 mile stretch of 2 lane highway on my commute and the car changes lanes 4 times for no reason.

I would love an intermediate between TACC and FSD where I control all lane changes and turns with the turn signal.

Reactions: edseloh