TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Elon: "A bike will still fit no problem"

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Seesaw, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Seesaw

Seesaw Member

A very recent tweet:

Only way to get enough rear passenger headroom was to move the rear roof cross-car support beam. A bike will still fit no problem.

2. igotzzoom

igotzzoom Supporting Member

Would love to see visual demonstration of this...

skeptical.gif

• Like x 1
  3. starlord111

starlord111 Member

I wish we could see more of the inside of the car. I am a cyclist and would love to see the trunk space. I think they did the presentation on purpose at night, most of the videos of the inside of model 3 you can barely see any detail.

4. KJD

KJD Supporting Member

I can put my bike it the back of the Model S no problem. There is no way it will fit in the back of the 3.

They really need to have a receiver hitch option on the 3 so I can put my bike rack on the back of the car.

5. n00bie

n00bie Member

#5 n00bie, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    if it were my choice, i would sacrifice rear passenger headroom to have a hatch (larger opening) in order to have this back room like model s (below).

[​IMG]

• Love x 1
  6. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

He said the bike would fit. He didn't say you wouldn't have to remove the wheels. :)

7. Litzy

Litzy Member

Elon already sent a tweet that said hitch optional (towing optional)

8. DrManhattan

DrManhattan Member

You will have to remove the wheels but it will fit with the back seat down obviously. More good news!

9. igotzzoom

igotzzoom Supporting Member

This might partially redeem its lack of a rear hatch. If I could do a 2" receiver bike carrier, I could live with that. My wife and I both have e-bikes which are about 60 lbs each.

10. E=MC2

E=MC2 New Member

Really need more info on trunk space and access. Need to fit two sets of golf clubs, through the trunk.

11. Seesaw

Seesaw Member

If the opening isn't large on the horizontal plane, but it's quite tall. Then it would be like sliding a pizza into an oven.