Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon "About to end range anxiety"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's worth noting that this is an event that targets investors, not future (or current) owners. The investors themselves don't have range anxiety.

In fact, range anxiety itself isn't something people looking at buying EV's have. After all, they have gas cars and thus no anxiety. What holds them back from buying is range anxiety anxiety - the fear that they will get range anxiety after buying the car.

This leads to a concern among manufacturers that their potential customers will be put off by range anxiety anxiety. It makes them hesitant to build full-electric vehicles, so we get hybrids and kinda-electric-but-really-hybrid-come-on models like the Volt. This phenomenon is known as range anxiety anxiety anxiety, a paralyzing affliction that can affect any automotive designer.

At the top of the food chain are the investors, of course. And they are worried that the manufacturers will be worried about the potential owners being worried. So they can be deterred by their own range anxiety (owner) anxiety (potential) anxiety (manufacturer) anxiety (investor).

All Elon has to do in the presser is hit somewhere in that chain between range anxiety and range anxiety anxiety anxiety anxiety. It's the last one that Tesla should be worried about the most, since that should cause a trickle-down effect of reducing anxiety to the end user once it has been solved.

Still no idea what the hell he's going to announce.

I volunteer to tweet (twitter handle = driveandream) as today is a public holiday in Spain (father's day) using #RangeAnxietyNoMore, but so far I don't see any sources... got the call details @dirkhh?
In the past they used (877) 312-5519 / (760) 666-3771 (International)
And THANKS

- - - Updated - - -

bonnie? Ruling Please! Nigel, I'd ask you, but you handed off the scepter.

So did bonnie :)

Reddit user FredTesla does a really good job of updating live. Here is the thread he will be updating if you just want to mash F5 during the call
[Official Discussion Thread - Live Updates] Tesla Press Conference/Conference Call for a New Software Update - 9am PT : teslamotors

This appears to be the common wisdom:
At the appropriate time, call 877-312-5519 and say Tesla Motors when asked for the code.

I'm on them both... Will tweet with #RangeAnxietyNoMore