Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon "About to end range anxiety"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Musk: the car will double check. You have to say "Yes I'm sure Twice" in order to run out of range.

Sadly (and as expected) this range tool won't do a darn thing for eliminating my range anxiety. I already know where the closest SC is and I know that it's on the hairy edge of too far away when it's really cold.

I was hoping for at least a mild improvement in range due to some improved cruise control heuristics, and maybe a few inverter tweaks.

Oh well... The blind spot detection will be nice to have.

This is exactly what most feared it would be. Except for me, it's even worse. I haven't picked up my car yet and despite all the research I've done, I was under the impression that the range management tools already did the press release says they're going to do.

Everyone was hoping for an actual incremental increase in range. So much for P85D owners :(

Blind spot detection and emergency braking is welcome, but those were already announced previously and expected.

So nothing new in this conference at all.

I'm now suspecting that the whole 60 KW charge rate thing was Tesla testing out, even if you weren't navigating, an algorithm to reduce charge when it thinks you'll be able to get to your next destination.

And then there's the Android app. I though the Android app would do what the iOS app does and notify you when you have enough charge to reach your destination. Not only was that not a feature until today on iOS but still won't be on Android. Bummer.

As expected. Elon needs to parse his words more carefully when he announces these things.
No he does not. Short term quick profit investors have the attention span of a gnat. I don't care about them. I am a long term investor. Today's software announcement was a major improvement to the car and deserved the focus that Tesla is giving it.