Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon accidentally admits using AP for email...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think they should include a medical report of Elon during every conference call. Everytime his cholesterol levels are up, TSLA shares drop! ;-) :D

Just saw his visit in Paris on his way back from Hong Kong where he first apologized at the beginning of the interview because he only slept 1 hour during the last 48 hours. Give him a break for not looking sharp! He's working more hours a week than 99% of the users on this forum!

Others have posted this before, but I really think Tesla needs a COO/President to handle daily operations. Right now Tesla's investor website lists Elon as CEO/Product Architect and JB as CTO.

SpaceX has Gwynne Shotwell as President/COO to keep things on an even keel, so why doesn't Tesla have someone in a similar role?

He's getting fat - let's stop beating around the bush - he doesn't look healthy. He looks like 100 hour weeks are killing him - and it's worrisome. If he has a heart attack both his companies and their futures are in trouble.
Let's not mistake being overweight with being sick, tough there may be a correlation.

Perhaps geography is trumping genes when it comes to lean body weight.

BodyGeography.JPG

US is certainly not the place to be if one wishes to stay naturally lean. From what I witnessed there, meal sizes and eating habits are simply suicidal. It seems an uphill battle to live there and to stay lean. It takes a lot of energy fighting the trend and it is no wonder that majority of US citizens are losing that battle. Elon seems to be following the same trend as the majority of US population.

US.JPG

Being US president carries more power and responsibility that running Tesla, Space X or any other business. Some people consider that being a parent carries more responsibility that being in a business in any capacity.

If lean body is a relevant criteria for running a business, then it certainly must be a criteria for presidential candidates. Perhaps there should be a weighing session at the start of each presidential debate and the candidates should be ruled out based on their body weight. That would save some time, pity it would reduce the entertainment value.

Similarly, each job application should include the candidate's deviation from ideal weight. Algo's will screen out all non lean applicants, yay for efficiency.

Similarly, each person should declare their body weight and deviation from the ideal weight before getting a permit to take care of the child.

In a world like that, anyone's weight is a fair game for discussion.

He's getting fat - let's stop beating around the bush - he doesn't look healthy. He looks like 100 hour weeks are killing him - and it's worrisome. If he has a heart attack both his companies and their futures are in trouble.

I agree. It always bothers me how fat people don't like it when others call it like it is. I could easily be fat but I constantly watch what I eat and I weigh myself almost daily to keep myself on track. But even if I was fat, and I called someone else fat, it doesn't make the comment any less correct -- so the post a picture of yourself if you want to comment on his weight makes no sense. It's like a smoker telling another smoker not to smoke. It makes the telling smoker a hypocrite but in my mind that's much better than being a smoker who encourages others to smoke or keeps their mouth shut about it.

I hope Elon loses the weight and everyone who loves him tells him to because he's getting fat. His face is puffy (which is inflammation) and science is telling us that inflammation is behind America's deadly diseases. We need to keep him slim and healthy and whenever my face got puffy, or my belly got big, my kids, wife, etc. sure let me know -- and I am really grateful they did that. I guess misery loves company but we want to keep Elon out of misery.

Perhaps the discussion is turning into discussing the appropriateness of telling someone else that they need to take care of their health.

How appropriate is that? If anyone else tells me which life choices to make, I would politely tell them to mind their own business (and silently tell them not so politely to #%^&). It comes across as patronizing and belittling.

Inappropriateness aside, how effective is it to tell someone else what to do regarding some personal issues, like eating, smoking, any other harmful life choice.... lets not go further.

I wish it were that simple, it just takes telling people what they are doing wrong and they would correct it. In a world like that we would have zero similar problems as we would just tell each other how inconsiderate, fat, lazy, ugly or stupid some are. Great.

Telling someone else which choices to make almost never works, but often people do it because there is comeuppance in doing so.

In some special circumstances friends and family gather and confront the individual with the unpleasant truth. The intervention happens when the concerned ones consider their loved one incapable of taking appropriate care for themselves.

Is this thread turning into intervention for Elon?

How appropriate is that? If anyone else tells me which life choices to make, I would politely tell them to mind their own business (and silently tell them not so politely to #%^&). It comes across as patronizing and belittling.

In some special circumstances friends and family gather and confront the individual with the unpleasant truth. The intervention happens when the concerned ones consider their loved one incapable of taking appropriate care for themselves.

Is this thread turning into intervention for Elon?

The difference between you and Elon is that Elon is the leader and visionary of Tesla! (Unless you are secretly Elon and posting undercover, haha).

Many people here hold shares in TSLA and have every right to be concerned about the health of their company leadership. U.S. Presidential candidates are queried about their health too. Steve Jobs' health was a major concern for AAPL shareholders in the last years of Jobs' life. Nobody wants Elon to suffer a health crisis or be injured in an Autopilot mishap. Heck, people were even afraid that the Russians would try to assassinate Elon to protect Roscosmos from SpaceX, or that someone might assault him at the annual Tesla shareholder meeting.

I'd agree with you generally were Elon an ordinary private citizen, but he's not. Extra scrutiny is a pain-in-the-ass part of going public with TSLA.

It always bothers me how fat people don't like it when others call it like it is. ......

The problem with "calling it like it is" is that such statements are stating the obvious, thus they are not informative, not helpful and not effective. The only effect they achieve is to shame the target, and also to provide some insight about the speaker's level of consideration.

.............. But even if I was fat, and I called someone else fat, it doesn't make the comment any less correct -- so the post a picture of yourself if you want to comment on his weight makes no sense. It's like a smoker telling another smoker not to smoke. It makes the telling smoker a hypocrite but in my mind that's much better than being a smoker who encourages others to smoke or keeps their mouth shut about it.

Asking others to post a picture of themselves if they wish to publicly criticise someone else's appearance is my way of saying "Do to others as you wish done to yourself" or whatever the saying is, I never took classes on religion.

I hope Elon loses the weight and everyone who loves him tells him to because he's getting fat. His face is puffy (which is inflammation) and science is telling us that inflammation is behind America's deadly diseases. We need to keep him slim and healthy and whenever my face got puffy, or my belly got big, my kids, wife, etc. sure let me know -- and I am really grateful they did that. I guess misery loves company but we want to keep Elon out of misery.

Some people might prefer their "misery" than unsolicited advice imposed on them by strangers, not surprising.

If Elon wants to be slim he will be slim, as simple as that. He will not become slim because a bunch of strangers make it their duty to tell him so. Respect is lost when unsolicited personal advice is dished out.

Give me a break. Nobody 'calling it like it is' cares one bit about Elon. They aren't his friend nor his family. They care about themselves, their investment in TSLA, their and their offspring's future if Tesla doesn't reach their goal etc... They're selfish - since we're 'calling it like it is' and all that.

Give me a break. Nobody 'calling it like it is' cares one bit about Elon. They aren't his friend nor his family. They care about themselves, their investment in TSLA, their and their offspring's future if Tesla doesn't reach their goal etc... They're selfish - since we're 'calling it like it is' and all that.

Being concerned about the investment or Tesla's future is a legitimate concern. If anyone is concerned about the risk, they are free to reconsider the risk and walk away from either the investment or the car, or both.

If someone does not like the future without Tesla, then we are all free to create the future that we do like. No one owes us to do it whilst getting publicly scrutinised to that extent.

Dishing it out to Elon under the mask of well wishing is a comeuppance - now I call it as it is and very politely so, I could say so much more about it, but I can hardly see the point.

In a world like that, anyone's weight is a fair game for discussion.

Yup, anyone's is. But Elon's health matters because a lot of consequences rely on him being in decent health. He's getting fat, he just is. He hasn't always looked this way - pictures of him a few years ago showed a guy who looked lean and in fact looked like hit the gym a lot. It's a very dramatic change in his appearance in only a few years. And higher levels of body fat are in fact correlated with with more risks for all kinds of disease.

Fat is fat. Sorry. I hope he finds time to eat better, sleep more and get a good COO to take some pressure off him. The world needs him to live a very very long time!

Furthermore - go look up the studies about what prolonged sleep deprivation does to the brain over time. I realize Elon has IQ points to spare but long term deprivation kills off a lot of neurons.

I think we are all fans of Elon and most people do in fact care about him because the work he's done has made the world a better place in a very tangible way! I for one am grateful. I can't even imagine the pressure on that man right now - running not one but TWO game changing public companies with a ton of pressure on each of them to succeed. Landing rockets in the ocean for crying out loud. I hope he is with us for decades to come - the world needs visionaries like him who can also execute (like him).

He just needs some sleep and some rest. :)

Last edited:
...a waist is a terrible thing to mind... :wink:

I agree. It always bothers me how fat people don't like it when others call it like it is. I could easily be fat but I constantly watch what I eat and I weigh myself almost daily to keep myself on track. But even if I was fat, and I called someone else fat, it doesn't make the comment any less correct -- so the post a picture of yourself if you want to comment on his weight makes no sense. It's like a smoker telling another smoker not to smoke. It makes the telling smoker a hypocrite but in my mind that's much better than being a smoker who encourages others to smoke or keeps their mouth shut about it.