TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Elon at it again on Twitter

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by dieqast, Mar 30, 2016.

1. dieqast

dieqast Member

"Tomorrow is Part 1 of the Model 3 unveil. Part 2, which takes things to another level, will be closer to production."

"You will see the car very clearly, but some important elements will be added and some will evolve."

Tweets with replies by Elon Musk (@elonmusk) | Twitter

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  2. model3fan

model3fan Member

Part 2 cuv / y unveiling?

• Like x 1
  3. Mod3l 4 me

Mod3l 4 me Member

Sounds more like they both have to do with the Model3. I think we see the body/interior tomorrow, but things like battery life may evolve as the technology improves. Basically, not even Elon knows all the technology that will be available come production time.

Just my 2 cents

4. Quant

Quant Member

I'm guessing Part 2 will end up with even better 0-60 times, and of course even more range....potentially taking it closer to 350 miles ? Among other things.....

5. plankeye

plankeye That Vegan EV Guy

They might even mask off things like the nose or tail and reveal those later. Man, he's going to make this really painful.

6. Steepler2k

Steepler2k Member

He's said all along that not everything will be revealed tomorrow. Holding things back was always part of the plan.

• Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
  7. Model 3

Model 3 Active Member

.... or they are only taking about the base battery, and wait to show us the 300 "real world" miles battery :)
    .... And the AP 2.0 will not been shown until part 2- or 3 along with the ludicrous mode :)

8. Johann Koeber

Johann Koeber Member

It will be not only that.

Driving assistance or even autonomous driving are all evolving quickly in the 21 months before the car will be delivered. Impossible to show now.

To a lesser degree battery tech will also evolve.

• Like x 3
  9. dieqast

dieqast Member

It sounds like there is some killer feature, like the falcon wing doors on the X, that he's not talking about yet. It could be that there is debate within the company on the inclusion of this feature. I expect a few prototypes based on the the 70D powertrain that should give an impression of the top end performance.

10. Quant

Quant Member

I doubt it ! That would be dumb and a reservations suppressor.

Besides, they rely on free media for marketing, so this element alone, IMO, will mean enough details and full on visuals so that the media can have their fill....and yet allow them to speculate and write more BS about what could be in Unveil # 2.

• Like x 1
  11. DaveGee

DaveGee Member

On AI / auto drive .... Just think of how much faster the AI will evolve with oh lets say doubling or dare I say tripling the current car count.

12. farzyness

farzyness Food lover. Entrepreneur. Did I say food lover?

I think this is going to be similar to the reveal of the Bioweapon Defense mode on the X, and the downplaying of the panoramic windshield that came into focus big time once the car was released.

I'm going to guess it's along the lines of 100% autonomy everywhere, and also capable of being part of a ride-sharing network. Something along those lines.

• Like x 1
  13. dieqast

dieqast Member

In that case, we might see the improved snake charger tomorrow :)!

14. farzyness

farzyness Food lover. Entrepreneur. Did I say food lover?

That would be SO cool!

15. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Zero FX Stealthfighter

Part 2 to model 3? Interesting...

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  16. plankeye

plankeye That Vegan EV Guy

Well, I certainly hope that's the case. I don't really care so much about the "features" as long as the car looks kick-ass. So, if we see the "pretty much final" exterior of the car, I'll be a happy camper!

The features will only get better, so all of that will just be gravy if the car is awesome looking.

17. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Zero FX Stealthfighter

350 is insane, i highly doubt that considering how much the model s costs to upgrade...

18. pr0teu5

pr0teu5 Member

I think this is exactly the same as the Model S and Model X unveiling. There was an initial showing where preorders were taken, but the cars changed tremendously and they were shown again right before launch. The seems like exactly the same thing to me.

• Like x 1
  19. RandyS

RandyS Fan of Elon

If the car was done and design was locked in, they could build them sooner than almost two years. So of course things will be tweaked, added, and changed. No surprises there...

20. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

A convertible, and SUV and a Wagon....