Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon at it again on Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mm, a commenter on Reddit had an interesting theory: "next level" may refer to level-three or level-four autonomy, as defined by the NHTSA. That list describes the S as "level-two" at the present time, since it's highway-capable but not sensible for surface streets as yet; it'd make sense for Autopilot v2, whenever it's released, to be the next step up.
Very good prediction... this is the best one I have heard so far.
Thanks for that

ONLY 12 HOURS LEFT!!!

Reactions: Electric Jupiter
;););)
From Elon Musk at Twitter:
Elon Musk ‏@elonmusk 42m42 minutes ago
Incredibly inspired by the interest in Model 3. You won't be disappointed. Also, small token of appreciation coming for those who lined up.

I wonder if he is referring to the in-store gifts this morning, is if it's something else. I hope it's something else. Like delivery priority ;) or a limited edition with special badges. o_O

lol. Lets extrapolate from the information they have about the people who lined up -- Name, credit card, email address. Now what small token could they all get...
I think a thank you email, and, at most, a coupon for something like 20-40% discount for stuff from the store like logo shirt or similar.

Seriously, I think it would cool if it were something like a lottery ticket to a fully loaded Model 3 kind of like a founders edition, but more likely to be something like a tshirt that advertises model 3 are simply says, "I waited in line for a Tesla Model 3."

I lined up. I was thinking it would be great marketing if they gave everyone who lined up a Tesla t-shirt. Talk about nearly free marketing. I would totally wear that. Kind of like when you get special gear for being a Kickstarter backer of a product.

I lined up. I was thinking it would be great marketing if they gave everyone who lined up a Tesla t-shirt. Talk about nearly free marketing. I would totally wear that. Kind of like when you get special gear for being a Kickstarter backer of a product.

Yea I was kinda shocked when I stopped by the local shop yesterday just to 'check the place out' (and buy a hat) and they were all out of Black caps in size LG ... I thought to myself thats odd but had they had everyone 'window shopping' the line today might have gone MUCH longer. As it was it was over 2 hours at my store @ the short hills mall.

Reactions: ggnykk
Seriously, I think it would cool if it were something like a lottery ticket to a fully loaded Model 3 kind of like a founders edition, but more likely to be something like a tshirt that advertises model 3 are simply says, "I waited in line for a Tesla Model 3."
That will cause 1/3 of all American calling in sick at work and line up at Tesla stores! Communities around US will be out of order ;-)

It will be not only that.

Driving assistance or even autonomous driving are all evolving quickly in the 21 months before the car will be delivered. Impossible to show now.

To a lesser degree battery tech will also evolve.
I like the fact that tesla is making an assitance autopiolot, instead of FULLY autonomous like what google is trying to do.

Reactions: Electric Jupiter