Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon backtracks (again): will layoff Hourly workers including those supporting FSD program

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So much for that End of Quarter push…

I’m still waiting for the day everyone on this forum realizes what a total scumbag this guy is. The board cannot remove him fast enough.
Everyone seems to fall under elons aura when they first get into Tesla and spacex ect. But eventually you start to notice his comments and overall dickishness and they aura quickly fades away. Yes tesla wouldnt be what it is today without him, but i think now they could survive just fine without him. Wouldnt be the first time elon was ousted from a company (paypal). Would be nice to own my tesla and not have to deal with elons stupidity.

Is there any realistic prospect of him being ousted? Would be nice to see Tesla being run properly rather than by the eccentric whims of one person
If it wasn't for his "crazy" you think they would be releasing FSD betas? Or really trying FSD at all? No way.

They probably wouldn't have even survived.

It's like Steve Jobs and Apple.... they kicked him out ... and they spiraled down and were on death's door until they brought him back. Yes, now they are hugely successful, but they re-built the company around the "Think like Steve would" culture.

I think something similar would happen here as well. You need the drive of a person who has a singular vision and keeps pushing it no matter what.

Does it excuse a-hole behavior? No. But kicking Elon out would kill Tesla

If it wasn't for his "crazy" you think they would be releasing FSD betas? Or really trying FSD at all? No way.

They probably wouldn't have even survived.

It's like Steve Jobs and Apple.... they kicked him out ... and they spiraled down and were on death's door until they brought him back. Yes, now they are hugely successful, but they re-built the company around the "Think like Steve would" culture.

I think something similar would happen here as well. You need the drive of a person who has a singular vision and keeps pushing it no matter what.

Does it excuse a-hole behavior? No. But kicking Elon out would kill Tesla
Maybe before 2019 that would have been true.
I think only Elon can "kill Tesla" at this point. Is he trying to?
I have been a huge fan of his since 2010. Family have worked at Tesla. I had to mute him on Twitter and try not to mute spouse who wants me to sell the stock and "detach ourselves from this misanthropic tech bro".
BTW, Jobs died. Apple didn't.

Last edited:
He was willing to risk everything to dominate the EV market. And it paid off. Before Tesla, EVs had limited range because companies claimed people only needed 50-100 miles range for commuting.

He also took a loss on cars to gain traction. I'm not saying another CEO won't be better, but we wouldn't have the model 3 and Y for the cost we have today, I think.

I think if Tesla gets a marketing department and Elon can be educated on proper communication strategies, things would be better. But that's not going to happen. 😁

Reactions: X-pilot
Go read your lord Elon’s Twitter feed.

It’s not BS or FUD. Sales are slowing. We are in a recession. Take off your blinders.
Can you point me to a source besides your own feelings that Tesla sales are slowing that's not production related? Like show me sources where we have Tesla piling up unsold and being discounted.

I am in the market for a Model Y, would love to find one at a discount to be delivered immediately..checkbook ready.