Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon backtracks (again): will layoff Hourly workers including those supporting FSD program

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Or you don't have to guess.

People laid off were labelers since they have an autolabeler now.

is there a part in that article that references automation/autolabeler that you reference, now doing the job of the 200 workers laid off? If so, can you cut and paste the part?

I mean, that typcially is the FIRST thing a company brags about.."we have been able to dramatically increase profits by leveraging automation to do 200 peoples full time jobs", and then the stock rises...

However....

Reactions: Ramphex
Or you don't have to guess.

People laid off were labelers since they have an autolabeler now.

I feel bad for those laid off. I got laid off once early in my career when my company merged with another one. And several friends have been laid off during the pandemic. I hope they can get jobs again pretty quick.

I wonder what Tesla is going to do to pick up the slack on the data training input. Will they outsource it, or was it legitimately overstaffed? The article said that type of work is usually unskilled, low wage jobs. Outsourcing is typically to reduce costs on middle to high paying jobs. So, it was either overstaffing (they had labelers who were not busy, or the data team that was handling the simulation testing didn't have bandwidth to process all the reports), an advance in AI (they have code that can handle automatically labeling to an extent that they don't need as many labelers), or an error on Telsa's part that could hurt the AP/FSD program, which means they'll hopefully re-hire later to back-fill the positions.

damn, west coast guys got their butts so tight they can squeeze out glass if you put some sand in there, it was a joke..... but yea I also have beta tested.... for free..... all of your mentioned softwares :D

Edit: and by them all, I also called myself a sheep, so take that 👊
Actually we put lumps of coal in our butts and in two weeks we have diamonds. It's one of the reasons we're so rich out here.