Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon buying Manchester United?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, well, well...
Although it shouldn't affect the SP of Tesla, it's an interesting comment by Elon to say he will buy Manchester United.

As a share owner, I can only see it as a positive where the stadium probably will become the Tesla stadium which will be great advertisement.

On top of that, he could get a lot more ad-power through a potential purchase. I'm crossing my fingers.... :)

Well, well, well...
Although it shouldn't affect the SP of Tesla, it's an interesting comment by Elon to say he will buy Manchester United.

As a share owner, I can only see it as a positive where the stadium probably will become the Tesla stadium which will be great advertisement.

On top of that, he could get a lot more ad-power through a potential purchase. I'm crossing my fingers.... :)
Maybe a sign that out will be a giga-factory built in UK? (Wishful thinking)

Reactions: Wattsisname
Well, well, well...

It's a long running twitter joke 🤣

Reactions: Pandinium
Well, well, well...

If this is true and in fact if he goes ahead and buy united atleast they will be run by someone who is extraordinarily brilliant in his own ways to the mediocre group running the club now.

Screenshot_2022-08-17-06-54-58-518_com.twitter.android.jpg

Still is a joke it seems...

It would only be open to Tesla owners at first, and when it was opened more generally there’d be much complaining here about how non Tesla owning spectators were sitting wrongly
Just as likely is that Musk would predict with absolute certainty that they’re going to be Premier League champions every single year and not show the slightest bit of shame when they finish 16th. Bit like his predictions about FSD.

Last edited:
Quite happy to be told I'm uber grumpy but I honestly do not understand why this is news.

He said afterwards that it was a joke, but the opening post even reads like a joke.

Everyone should know by now, not least of which media organisations, that Elon talks a load of crap constantly, so I don't know why this ends up being news. Even the BBC have it as one of their front page stories.

He is extremely online so anything he says should pretty much be treated as white noise, for the most part (although I'm sure Twitter are enjoying him undermining his own case for them)

Quite happy to be told I'm uber grumpy but I honestly do not understand why this is news.

He said afterwards that it was a joke, but the opening post even reads like a joke.

Everyone should know by now, not least of which media organisations, that Elon talks a load of crap constantly, so I don't know why this ends up being news. Even the BBC have it as one of their front page stories.

He is extremely online so anything he says should pretty much be treated as white noise, for the most part (although I'm sure Twitter are enjoying him undermining his own case for them)
Impressions, clicks and visitors to the media organisations website...

"News" like this drives traffic so hence articles are created, and aggregated in Google news, the socials etc..

News articles aren't written to be news these days they are written to drive traffic... Sometimes genuine news does that, other times "news" like this does..

Welcome to the internet age.