Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon buying Manchester United?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe a sign that out will be a giga-factory built in UK? (Wishful thinking)
Rant Warning!

Nice idea; Giga Trafford. However, I would fear enough strikes to entertain a baseball crowd.

How is the reputation of British Car workers currently? It is decades since I bought a British built car of any origin. To be fair, my 1972 TR6 was a bit of a Panza except for the diabolical Lucas fuel injection.

However, it was too good to last, literally. So the gracefully evolving range from TR4 through to TR6 was axed in favour of the, I can hardly write the words, TR7!

Since then,I understand that excellent Japanese management, who gave us back a motor industry, has, with its excellent industrial relations efforts, shamed those useless management individuals, particularly MR M Edwards, who ran BLMC......into oblivion!

Sorry:rolleyes: I know, it's a Tesla Club.

Quite happy to be told I'm uber grumpy but I honestly do not understand why this is news.

He said afterwards that it was a joke, but the opening post even reads like a joke.

Everyone should know by now, not least of which media organisations, that Elon talks a load of crap constantly, so I don't know why this ends up being news. Even the BBC have it as one of their front page stories.

He is extremely online so anything he says should pretty much be treated as white noise, for the most part (although I'm sure Twitter are enjoying him undermining his own case for them)
If NOT talking crap was a condition for expressing views and "news" in the media, what a better world it would be.

In the meantime, Elon is hardly the most egregious offender.