TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Elon, can you give us a way to wave to fellow Tesla drivers

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Oceanwolf, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Oceanwolf

Oceanwolf Oceanwolf

The old Porsches had it, Harley's still have it, we are a tight group of owners who needs a way to say "hey Tesla Buddy". A wink using the driver side headlight and rear brake light could be fun. A double tap on the emergency flasher button or a double pull on the headlight stalk could be a way.

Some of you guys have a twitter access to Elon, what do you think?

• Like x 1
  2. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Supporting Member

• Funny x 7
    • Like x 1
  3. Drone Flyer

Drone Flyer Member

How about standing up through the panoramic roof and waving your shirt at the other Tesla driver?
    Oh wait a minute....

• Funny x 1
  4. ggnykk

ggnykk Active Member

You can just open your falcon wing door (while your car is moving) to say hi to other Tesla ;-)

5. Oceanwolf

Oceanwolf Oceanwolf

I don't have a panoramic roof but flapping my wings is a good idea.

6. iwannam3

iwannam3 Member

When Mini Coopers were new we waved, I had Mini drivers puzzled when I waved even when driving my pickup. Way too common for waves the last 8 years or so. I would expect in California you are way past the wave stage. Maybe Elon can come up with an Easter egg easily activated? Can AP2 sense a Tesla from an ICE? IR signature? Sibling recognition?

7. NikeWings

NikeWings Active Member

I always flash a peace sign to fellow Teslas. I love it when they pretend not to see you. Lol
    Sooooooooo, if your in LA I'm looking to flash you. ;)

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  8. David99

David99 Active Member

I tried to wave or nod or something but I noticed most Tesla drivers don't react. So I gave up. At Superchargers most people are nice and I had many great conversations with people.

• Like x 1
  9. outie

outie Active Member

I have not seen anyone wave here in SoCal in Teslas. When I had a Porsche I got waves and flashes all the time.

10. Chrisizzle

Chrisizzle Member

I got my Model S in Toronto, Canada during November 2014. Every Tesla driver waved.

In July and August 2015, Tesla's Toronto showroom delivered hundreds, perhaps thousands of cars. No one waved after that. They became a relatively common sight on local roads and the new drivers lacked the sense of community.

I drove to Ottawa a few months later where they were still rare and got waves again.

So, a Catch 22. As Teslas become commonplace (which is what we all ultimately want), ownership won't be special anymore.

11. Haxster

Haxster Member

Oh no :eek: Not another thing to remember while I'm driving!

Am I driving our Corvette (wave), our Boxster (flash lights), our Tesla (nod or ?), or our Honda (ignore)?

And what if I give the wrong "greeting" :oops: to a non-matching car (I've done this)?

And besides, here in Silicon Valley, Tesla's almost seem to be as common as Hondas.

Too much stress and distraction for an old guy :confused:

• Funny x 3
  12. Cellsaver

Cellsaver Member

Drove a Wrangler for years and almost universally get a wave.