Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon confirmed addressing my biggest Tesla software deficiency: Tight Parking/360 view

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Third party hardware and software has been available to do this for more than a year. I have it own my Model S as do dozens of others. See this video for its operation:

This can be purchase from BearBu, who has company in Hong Kong that developed it all. See this thread.

The only issue is that it requires major surgery all over the car from what I've seen and who could someone trust to do this without causing damage or warranty issues?

I would love to have this system working with just the side cameras if I am assured the installation will be done carefully by someone who knows what they are doing...

Good news!

They are adding camera views to help manage the car when driving around tight spaces. Look how they are now showing the repeater camera views in addition to the backup camera view. This is for the Model 3 and I can't imagine them not showing a similar view in the Model S/X given the S & X are wider.

Now if only they can figure out a view to show what is ahead in the front left and right corner of the car. Every day I need to "thread the needle" with my car where I have less than 12 inches of clearance on the front left and right side of the car and the ultrasonic sensors are useless when I need them the most because they stop counting down after 12 inches.

I really hope they figure out a way to show what is up and ahead on ether side of the car.

Here's the news and a photo of what the new view looks like in a Model 3:

https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/hb7rxo/now_you_can_see_the_side_rear_view_in_the_big/

• Disagree
Reactions: cucubits
Good news!

They are adding camera views to help manage the car when driving around tight spaces. Look how they are now showing the repeater camera views in addition to the backup camera view. This is for the Model 3 and I can't imagine them not showing a similar view in the Model S/X given the S & X are wider.

Now if only they can figure out a view to show what is ahead in the front left and right corner of the car. Every day I need to "thread the needle" with my car where I have less than 12 inches of clearance on the front left and right side of the car and the ultrasonic sensors are useless when I need them the most because they stop counting down after 12 inches.

I really hope they figure out a way to show what is up and ahead on ether side of the car.

Here's the news and a photo of what the new view looks like in a Model 3:

Now you can see the side rear view in the Big screen. And FSD preview is coming in China btw. : teslamotors

Now the big question is for Model S/X owners. Does the additional cameras need MCU2 or will it also support legacy EOL MCU1?

The updates to Sentry Mode viewer is also amazing where it will now show you the RED dot where the incident occurs, and take you straight there...

Attachments

• IMG_0026.JPG
    IMG_0026.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 79
Will not come to MCU1. Green says MCU1 can't do it.
Hope this feature isn't important for all those who decided against the Infotainment Upgrade because they found it not to have enough value for the $2500 USD price.

I wonder how soon we'll see the same cameras using when the turn signal stalk is engaged...

Hope this feature isn't important for all those who decided against the Infotainment Upgrade because they found it not to have enough value for the $2500 USD price.

I wonder how soon we'll see the same cameras using when the turn signal stalk is engaged...
for turn signal I'd love to have it in the instrument cluster.. I'm not holding my breath though lol

for turn signal I'd love to have it in the instrument cluster.. I'm not holding my breath though lol

Do you normally drive with the rear view camera on the MCU display?

I always keep the review view camera feed on the MCU screen and I see what is behind me quite easily wit periphery vision. Also like that the MCU video feed is larger so I think I would actually prefer to see the repeater camera view on the MCU display but I understand why you might want to see it on the instrument cluster.

What I'm really waiting to see is how they are going to use the B Pillar camera to show what is in front and ahead of each side of the front of the car for times when I need to "thread the needle" with my Model S with less than 10 inches clearance on both sides.

• Disagree

Is this for sure that the MCU 1 cars can't get the sideview camera feature without switch ing to MCU2?

Any model S owners have this yet ? would love to see pics, and whether you are on MCU 1 or 2

Does anyone know how many inches away from the front corner of the bumper the B pillar cameras can see?

I guess we may find out in an update in the near future as they have now enabled the rear repeater camera views.

I hope they figure out a way to help those of us who have the squeeze our cars in spaces with just a few inches of clearance on either side. So little clearance that the ultrasonic sensors stop counting!

• Disagree