Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Confirms 10/19 Announcement is Model 3 Part 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought they'd be doing the big reveal with guests and all that for part 2. Musk thinks right before a Presidential debate, where all the world's press will be concentrating, is a good time for this?

Thought they'd be doing the big reveal with guests and all that for part 2. Musk thinks right before a Presidential debate, where all the world's press will be concentrating, is a good time for this?

I honestly think it's more of a "we have an earnings call coming up, and isn't the Bolt ADORABLE" kinda mindset when it comes to the timing on this.

Yes but, there will be something new to talk about? HUD might be part of it or maybe Tesla is ahead and will produce M3 earlier who knows ...

no idea. but they're trying to raise capital while also beating back the short sellers who think they will miss their production targets with the Model 3, so really....it could be anything. But at this point, based on what was tweeted and what we know they want/need in the upcoming months, it's going to be something BIG about the 3, but mostly that it's on track....

Probably different segments of the press covering each event. Besides, I would like to think that some of the press are burned out covering the upcoming election and would love to cover a story that's more uplifting and highlights this country's lead in technological innovation.

Reactions: Red Sage
I am pretty sure it will be a lot more informative than the presidential debate. And unlike the presidential debate, it won't be rated R... But will it even stream? :(

Where will this be streamed?
It is not being streamed. As near as I can tell, at 5PM California time Tesla will issue a press release and a blog post (check for it at Updates | Tesla ) and Elon will hold a 30 minute Q&A conference call with some journalists who will instantly post their stories and likely get a lot of things wrong but at least we will have some idea pretty quick. I hope that Tesla posts a transcript of the Q&A but I wouldn't count on it.

My personal opinion is that Elon is going to announce "Tesla Vision" which is a new driver/car interface for Autopilot operation, and the word "Autopilot" will be dropped in marketing materials and replaced with "Tesla Vision". Recall that just after the Model 3 reveal on 3/31/2016 Elon tweeted that the steering wheel shown on the prototype cars was "not the real steering wheel" and that driving the Model 3 would be like "a spaceship".

I think we are about to see the "spaceship" controls introduced very soon on the S and X and then available on the 3 as an option.

Fasten your seat belts...