Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon confirms NO FSD transfer will be offered :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well...fool me once. Kiss that next vehicle purchase goodbye, Elon.
Most likely I won't be taking FSD when I get Y. Unless it comes out much cheaper because they are grand fathering old prices when you booked.

At this point, its better to wait for monthly subscription.

BTW, any news about the subscription in the ER call - haven't listened to it yet.

All of us hoping for even a 1 time transfer of our FSD software to a new vehicle... well.. according to Elon himself during the q4 earning call. Not gonna happen.

But he did make sure to confirm that you do get valuation at trade-in if the car you are trading in has FSD. (He just didn't specify how much.)

So for people that bought FSD early, or when it was on sale, might get a $5k credit (50% of current price) which is the same, or more, than they actually paid.) Or maybe they value it at 75% ($7,500). I wish they were more transparent about that.

But he did make sure to confirm that you do get valuation at trade-in if the car you are trading in has FSD. (He just didn't specify how much.)

So for people that bought FSD early, or when it was on sale, might get a $5k credit (50% of current price) which is the same, or more, than they actually paid.) Or maybe they value it at 75% ($7,500). I wish they were more transparent about that.
If they aren’t going to let you roll it into a new vehicle what makes you think they would give you 7500 value at trade? They won’t even give you half of that. It’s just a software lock for them that they can re-sell at full price to some other sucker.

Honestly, FSD is the biggest scam going right now.

ya i laughed at that one.

He said they do consider the valuation when trading it in already... (LOL), and that the retail market hasn't caught up to the proper valuation.

I'm sorry but that was a bold faced lie. Tesla does NOT value your car any more if you have the FSD software.

@MP3Mike

Not sure why you are disagreeing with me. I had a quote from Tesla 1 Month ago and when I asked the sales guy about the FSD I have he said they do not take that into consideration.

And since then Elon has said he fixed that. He also reiterated that on the call today. People have confirmed that it changed.

This means I won’t trade in my model 3 and upgrade. I’ll keep it for my kids who may drive in 10 years and FSD might even be available by then ! For the Y we will get once the Covid ends and CT when it comes out, I’ll just look to get the subscription.

100% same boat at "look at the subscription" As FSD is now it isn't even worth paying a subscription fee for. Have FSD on both of our current cars and did NOT order it on our '21 S and won't get the subscription if and until it actually ads more value to my daily commute than the included A/P does today on new orders.

Reactions: BCNY and Fuddinator
to be honest, I almost never use the navigate on autopilot feature because it always makes dumb choices for me. And autopilot doesn't recognize to get over when cars are merging onto the highway, and it doesn't care about turn signals. If/ when I get another Tesla (Cybertruck most likely), I will not be purchasing FSD.

I would LOVE the option for a separate purchase of Auto-Lane Change though. I use that ALL THE TIME!

to be honest, I almost never use the navigate on autopilot feature because it always makes dumb choices for me. And autopilot doesn't recognize to get over when cars are merging onto the highway, and it doesn't care about turn signals. If/ when I get another Tesla (Cybertruck most likely), I will not be purchasing FSD.

I would LOVE the option for a separate purchase of Auto-Lane Change though. I use that ALL THE TIME!

I'm a big fan of NoA because it helps me not miss exits or interchanges (I hate hate hate hate hate HATE voice guidance in navigation), but it often does want to make dumb changes like getting over 4 miles before an exit.

I'm a big fan of NoA because it helps me not miss exits or interchanges (I hate hate hate hate hate HATE voice guidance in navigation), but it often does want to make dumb changes like getting over 4 miles before an exit.

Mine never really gets over until under a mile before the exit, but the behavior I can't stand is that it wants to move over into the left lane at exits that it's not taking. That is incredibly frustrating.

If 99.9999% of my driving wasn't daily commute I would agree. Driving ~100 miles a day commute and VERY rarely driving, being in a position missing an interchange, NOA is all but useless for me.