Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon confirms Spotify is coming to US

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think that with Don flying around from country to country and all over the earth...….he loses track of time.

Hmmmmm
Nahhh….

That ain't it.

His dreams are always bigger than reality. And there is nothing wrong with that. We wouldn't have Teslas if he lined all of his ducks up in a row like everyone else.

Keep on dreamin ELON <---- We are all better for it.

I’m betting it will come with some iteration of V10.

It’s not like they had to start from the ground up. It’s already available in Europe so it shouldn’t be that much trouble transferring it to US vehicles.

You can run Spotify on a US Tesla now there is no change in software required it simply requires being able to enter the login credentials. You could do it on much older software versions a long time ago. My guess is they either still have an agreement that has not expired or have not yet solidified a US Spotify agreement. The only reason I can see it arriving with V10 is timing to make it an added benefit for marketing reasons. V10 is not a requirement.

Reactions: hydro 481
You can run Spotify on a US Tesla now there is no change in software required it simply requires being able to enter the login credentials. You could do it on much older software versions a long time ago. My guess is they either still have an agreement that has not expired or have not yet solidified a US Spotify agreement. The only reason I can see it arriving with V10 is timing to make it an added benefit for marketing reasons. V10 is not a requirement.
I'm guessing their contract with Slacker radio has expired already otherwise Elon wouldn't (shouldn't?) be confirming Spotify is coming. Not sure about marketing reasons. I just think V10's release date coincides with Slacker's contract expiration more than anything. People have speculated it may have been a 7 year contract. Which makes sense. The first Model S was released June 2012. So this past June marked the end of the seventh year. Back in May, Elon was on a Podcast and was asked about Spotify in the US. He said it's not a priority. He may have said that because they were still under contract with Slacker. But in July he tweeted "OK" when someone asked him about Spotify on his Twitter.