Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Confirms that the FSD sneak peak is for car with HW3 only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Text message support is by far the most exciting thing here. That’s not to knock other stuff but jeeeeezus it’s been a long time coming.

Agreed, I’ve been waiting for text message support for nearly 2 years now. I don’t understand why it took them so long to finally implement this feature but I’m glad that we will all be getting it in the coming weeks.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: kpeng
A lot of people like to drive while staring at screens, i imagine this is big news to those folk...

Exactly.... Kinda of like the smart summon. Turns out my 5yr old could honestly do a better job than the not so smart summon.

Also NOA some claim to be mind blowing.... ahhhh not exactly, more like...... Hey hold my beer and watch this

• Love
  • Funny
Reactions: jebinc and Hank42
I agree that it is nothing to freak about if you don't have AP3 yet.

Yes, the FSD sneak preview is just FSD visualizations. But I suspect that actual "automatic city driving" is coming soon after the FSD sneak preview. The fact that 2 people say that "city level autopilot" is coming to EA AP3 before end of this year, makes me think that something more is coming after the FSD sneak preview.
Elon said recently, 1Q20 for HW3 upgrades in earnest (or something like that). Let's assume that means March, Elon time. It seems like he is timing this upgrade path to when "automatic city driving" is estimated for wide released, after EA testing (3+ months). Timing wise, it seems like it could line up that way.

Elon said recently, 1Q20 for HW3 upgrades in earnest (or something like that). Let's assume that means March, Elon time. It seems like he is timing this upgrade path to when "automatic city driving" is estimated for wide released, after EA testing (3+ months). Timing wise, it seems like it could line up that way.

Yes I agree.

Displaying of the stop signs and red lights that the computer has presumably been shadowing for a while now? Cool! And does explain the "needs HW3" based on the traffic cones. But not, as that fifth-hand-report video implied, "mind-blowing".

Still, neat! And I can kind of see why they might roll this out to hopefully put a damper on the "watch as I run a stop sign / red light in my $60,000 car" videos out there.

Tangentially related: does anyone think that Stardew Valley is an even cooler get than Netflix for charging station entertainment? If I were to watch an hour of anything at a supercharger, I'd start racking up idle fees. (Or maybe that's the point? Where's that tinfoil hat emote?)

That's an extremely optimistic timeline. I recommend to tamper your expectations.

I want the new Climate Voice Commands ....
2019.40.50 Change Log
6T2Tkva.jpg