Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Deletes Tesla and SpaceX Facebook Pages!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love it! Elon takes a stand. I’ve been thinking about deleting my FB account for quite awhile now. I only use it to view two groups, a SpaceX fan group and a group about a specific model of camper trailer I own. Elon’s action made me realize that I should have just done it. And now I have. I’ve permanently deleted my FB account.

@P85Dave I agree with what you said but that is only part of the problem with FB: the other part is the company’s disregard for their users privacy and their relentless drive to monetize their users personal information without any ethical considerations as to whether or not what they are doing is right.

Love it! Elon takes a stand. I’ve been thinking about deleting my FB account for quite awhile now. I only use it to view two groups, a SpaceX fan group and a group about a specific model of camper trailer I own. Elon’s action made me realize that I should have just done it. And now I have. I’ve permanently deleted my FB account.

@P85Dave I agree with what you said but that is only part of the problem with FB: the other part is the company’s disregard for their users privacy and their relentless drive to monetize their users personal information without any ethical considerations as to whether or not what they are doing is right.

It's all part of the same ethos for that miserable company.

Facebook's AI algorithms that spread hate, hysteria, disinformation, and unfounded conspiracy theories are a great example of the harm AI can cause to humanity if left unchecked. These algorithms are responsible for deaths and riots in other countries and for swaying an election in this country.

I've had educated people start talking to me about BS conspiracies during the last election and it is because they were repeatedly exposed to nonsense on their FB feed. While this happened, Facebook did absolutely nothing. If anything they doubled down. A friend once tried to convince me that anyone who protests against our emperor is a paid actor. I told him, they are not paid actors and normal people like my mother and my girlfriend and never to discuss politics with me again and he fermented all this BS on Facebook.

Okay, someone explain to me why all the hate towards Facebook recently? Did I miss something? Seems like their being scapegoated to cover ones own ignorance... Don't believe everything you read online, it's that simple... Again, what am I missing? :)

Jeff

Hate is a too mild of a word for how I feel about Facebook for what they allowed to happen in this country.

What they allowed to spread in this country makes Fox News seem tame and reasonable by comparison and they did it all knowingly for a buck. They essentially allowed a a segment of their user base to be brainwashed after the AI and analytical software found their weakpoints based on past posts and kept feeding these people conspiracy theories and false facts.

Facebook has offered up some entertainment value, but requires everyone to send them all their personal data, where they go, what they do, who they like, personal opinion, political affiliation, personal views, where they work, which adds they like etc.

Then when they provide this information to someone else it becomes a disaster.

We have met the enemy...and it is us.

Like buying Manhattan from the Indians for a few shiney trinkets.

Facebook has offered up some entertainment value, but requires everyone to send them all their personal data, where they go, what they do, who they like, personal opinion, political affiliation, personal views, where they work, which adds they like etc.

Then when they provide this information to someone else it becomes a disaster.

We have met the enemy...and it is us.

Like buying Manhattan from the Indians for a few shiney trinkets.

The enemy is Facebook.

Facebook can get you fired, caused divorces, caused hatred, caused murders, etc...The root of all evil.

Really their danger is unchecked AI. If the AI determines you can make more money by spreading conspiracy theories and hatred for others, it will do so without any regard for the damage it can cause. My biggest issue with Facebook is them allowing their AI to harm society and still not do anything to recognize that harm.

I use a fake name, fake College, fake country etc on FB. My friends know who I am. I'm not sure how easy it is to sign up fake anymore? Hope they would be tightening that up to prevent trolls etc. Same with Skype etc. Amazing how many people link FB to everything by using it as their login for other programs. Heck, my real mane is not even Iwannam3!

I use a fake name, fake College, fake country etc on FB. My friends know who I am. I'm not sure how easy it is to sign up fake anymore? Hope they would be tightening that up to prevent trolls etc. Same with Skype etc. Amazing how many people link FB to everything by using it as their login for other programs. Heck, my real mane is not even Iwannam3!

Doesn't matter. The fake Russian accounts created to spread misinformation and hatred were all backed with full fledged fake identities. Facebook allowed all of this to happen and did absolutely nothing.