Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon: First 12 months production already sold out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of us who were there day 1 with our reservation, how much do you think the vehicle will improve/change between someone who orders now getting their vehicle a year later?
Reliability should increase. And the autopilot software will be significantly better.

Other than that, we probably aren't talking about many changes. Tesla will be busy scaling up production and adressing issues that pop up on the Model 3.

One thing that can be mentioned is that late 2018, Model Y deliveries might start. But that's a different vehicle, not changes to the Model 3. :)

Reliability should increase. And the autopilot software will be significantly better.

Other than that, we probably aren't talking about many changes. Tesla will be busy scaling up production and adressing issues that pop up on the Model 3.

One thing that can be mentioned is that late 2018, Model Y deliveries might start. But that's a different vehicle, not changes to the Model 3. :)

I just feel like the Model X had so many updates within this last year. Most notably a huge battery upgrade and autopilot fixes. I'm sure though for the model 3, that for any reliability fixes, those would be addressed via either software update or warranty for physical/mechanical probs. I'm concerned about the big items/features that many would have purchased if it was available.

I just feel like the Model X had so many updates within this last year. Most notably a huge battery upgrade and autopilot fixes. I'm sure though for the model 3, that for any reliability fixes, those would be addressed via either software update or warranty for physical/mechanical probs. I'm concerned about the big items/features that many would have purchased if it was available.
It's almost a given that there will be improvements and new options as time progresses. I assume you reserved on day one in order to be among the first to get a Model 3 and perhaps to qualify for the Federal tax credit? As with just about any technology product, you can't fret over possible future enhancements when you make such a purchase because, otherwise, you may be waiting forever for the "perfect" time (which may never come).