Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are a new-to-Tesla customer, why would you go and look at release notes, AI day events, scientific presentations for the past 5 years etc...do you think everyone buying a Tesla has a PhD in AI/ML? Get outta here...

All I can say is my Bachelors in Computer Science from 1991 didn't cover any AI or ML. So no, I do not expect that everyone buying a Tesla must have a PhD in AI/ML.

When the CEO goes out in front of shareholders and says, "FSD WILL BE READY BY THE END OF THE YEAR, IM VERY CONFIDENT"...that's what people see.
How do you know this happened? Were you there? Or did you read this from some news source?

Maybe we should follow/patronize news sources that do have expertise and can be trusted to do this sort of analysis and synthesis, rather than just those whose skills are limited to simple stenography and writing click bait headlines. Sources like Tim Dodd (the Everyday Astronaut), Scott Manley, Sandy Monroe and Chuck Cook.

And before you start hating on (e.g.) Tim Dodd, yes yes I know Tim comes across as an Elon fanboy. But Tim also does a great job getting Elon to talk about what's going on at SpaceX to an impressive level of detail and then breaking it down and interpreting it for people like me who do not have a degree in physics. And it's also fun watching him make Elon dance right on the edge of what Elon can say without violating export control laws.

Reactions: RabidYak
If you are a new-to-Tesla customer, why would you go and look at release notes, AI day events, scientific presentations for the past 5 years etc...do you think everyone buying a Tesla has a PhD in AI/ML? Get outta here...

When the CEO goes out in front of shareholders and says, "FSD WILL BE READY BY THE END OF THE YEAR, IM VERY CONFIDENT"...that's what people see.
With a DOCTORED video (on the official website) that STILL says “driver is in the car only due to legal regulations”

When Tesla KNEW a driver was needed then AND now just to ensure the car doesn’t kill people.

😂

No way there are 60k in Canada. When Tesla did the Canada release, the Teslafi stats barely nudged up
Agree. A way to guess at the USA/Canada proportions is to look at TeslaFi's installs by nation:

For the rapidly dwindling 10.69.2 release they currently show USA 1009, Canada 66
For the rapidly increasing new 10.69.2.2 release they currently show USA 1998, Canada 163

It looks like this will really happen.

1663654845347.png

Is he a short seller or has he bought Tesla puts ?
I have no idea about that, nor how to look for such information. What I mean is that his profession is as a financial advisor/planner. In this role, he plans Investments for his clients, and the majority of those are presumably
concerned with their retirement investment portfolios. They would not want or expect their professional advisor to be prone to making high-dollar decisions based on website marketing, interviews or (least of all) tweets and the like.

That's why I find the complaint in the suit to be dubious. A professional advisor and guardian of investor safety says he "relied upon" claims of imminent future progress that most successful adults (including most of those accused here of fanboy-ism) would read as exciting but very optimistic. A major part of his job is to protect his clients from over-reliance on exactly such predictions or promises.

In this line of reasoning, we might expect the lawyers to start with plaintiffs who are more easily cast as vulnerable and sympathetic victims of a supposedly double-talking techno-billionaire. I'm not sure that a Certified Financial Planner fits that mold.

However, maybe it's so - and I don't wish to disparage him or his cause any further. First, because I don't know him. Second, because he's obviously not afraid to sue when he feels wronged.😬