Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How to be a good Tesla driver according to Tesla insurance and Tristan tweet:
# of Autopilot Strikeouts - Pay attention - Hands on the wheel and eyes forward.
# of Forward Collision Warnings - Don't tailgate?
* Time spent within 1s of car in front * Time spent within 3s of car in front - Don't tailgate.
# of Lane Departure Warnings - Use your turn signal. Don't drive on the shoulder.
# of ABS activations (All & User) - Don't goof off in the snow or rain?
* Acceleration Variance - The technical term for this is jerk. Grannies will get the beta first. :)

so if you use autopilot on the 1,2, or 3 setting, you will not meet the tail gating threshold? Lol. I use 2…maybe set it to 4 for 7 days?

Reactions: Terminator857
Speculation: the more I look into Tesla Insurance data being collected, it looks like Mr. Musk is planning on a pricing beta for the 3rd Party (Tesla Insurance) for using FSD. So that they can claim that the only insurance who can provide you better rates would be Tesla Insurance with all the bugs in FSD.

# of Autopilot Strikeouts - Pay attention - Hands on the wheel and eyes forward.
# of Forward Collision Warnings - Don't tailgate?
Are nags the same as strikeouts ? I get nags all the time (doesn't detect my hands on the wheel).

I get a lot of forward collision warnings while parking. Looks like I've to turn it off for a week ... or is their analysis smart enough to remove those?

Are nags the same as strikeouts ? I get nags all the time (doesn't detect my hands on the wheel).

I get a lot of forward collision warnings while parking. Looks like I've to turn it off for a week ... or is their analysis smart enough to remove those?
Nags aren't the same as strikeouts as strikeouts happen if you ignore the nags.

I get a fair amount of FCW as well so I'm going to be turning that off. I highly doubt their analysis will remove false positives.

The most important thing I'll do is to turn on chill mode. It finally has a purpose.

Reactions: KArnold
Reactions: metier
Quote: ... FSD beta system at times can seem so good that vigilance isn’t necessary, but it is. Also, any beta user who isn’t super careful will get booted. 2000 beta users operating for almost a year with no accidents. Needs to stay that way.
I wonder how many miles the 2000 beta testers drove while using the system? That sounds extraordinarily unlikely. Maybe FSD Beta is already the greatest advance in automotive safety ever?

• Funny
Reactions: sfuape and KArnold
Quote: ... FSD beta system at times can seem so good that vigilance isn’t necessary, but it is. Also, any beta user who isn’t super careful will get booted. 2000 beta users operating for almost a year with no accidents. Needs to stay that way.
This is the way it should be. The last thing Tesla needs is somebody driving like an idiot as a beta tester. If they get in a collision (FSD activated or not), the media will glom onto that and declare Tesla's are unsafe.

It
I wonder how many miles the 2000 beta testers drove while using the system? That sounds extraordinarily unlikely. Maybe FSD Beta is already the greatest advance in automotive safety ever?
it’s clear that they are manipulating this stat just like they are manipulating other stat and using airbag deployment as the only eligibility of an accident and there’s a thousand way you can crash without an airbag being deployed.

• Disagree
Reactions: sfuape
You had to provide valid insurance info to actually get your car.
Not quite. I had to show proof of insurance (a card) prior to car delivery, but there was no investigation into my insurance records. This time it appears far more invasive. I wonder how the insurance companies feel about reporting subscriber information to 3rd-party companies like Tesla without a subpoena to do so.

Reactions: techlogik