Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can't say that. We don't know that Waymo will never do a consumer car. Obviously, right now, the FSD is too expensive and not solved yet so it can't be put on a consumer car yet. But it is likely that the cost will eventually be cheap enough and once Waymo solves FSD, there would be nothing stopping them from putting it on a car you can buy.

I suppose you are correct in a anything’s possible sort of way, but there isn’t a shred of evidence that they are working on it or even thinking about it.

You are being rather presumptuous. You don't speak for everybody. Some people on this forum probably would ride in a robotaxi. I know I would.

Well how often do you ride in taxies. Sure you might ride around in a driverless taxi once or twice for the novelty, but let’s not be ridiculous and suggest you would give up your daily driver for a taxi.
Not everybody owns a Tesla. This is what I mean by being self-centered and closed-minded. Tesla owners are not the only ones that matter.
Most people on this forum (which is where I made my post and what I limited my statement too) own a Tesla or want to or are fudsters. Certainly their wet dream isn’t to ride around in a taxi that smells like BO…

But how is all this relevant to this thread ? Some of us come here to see if there is a new Musk tweet (or commentary on it). There are plenty of other threads to discuss Waymo in this Tesla forum.

Elon: FSD Beta tweets​

I don't want to discuss Waymo in this thread. I've tried to move discussions over to the Waymo thread but people keep dragging Waymo back into the conversation.

I don't want to discuss Waymo in this thread. I've tried to move discussions over to the Waymo thread but people keep dragging Waymo back into the conversation.

Waymo being a leader in autonomous driving is a fact.

Then just stop relying so much when Waymo is mentioned and that includes this post. Please. And if you do I promise not to reply.

but, they will never ever develop fsd for a car you can buy. Only for taxies.
This is not true. They are focusing on commercial vehicles now because their stack is too finicky to give to a Joe Random.

No one here wants to ride in taxis. They want to ride in their own car, hence they are irrelevant.
Please, stop saying stuff for other people.

FAF2_NyXIAMy39X

Quote:
Unfortunately, not everyone will get the button tonight. Elon should really tweet for people to not stay up as the biggest rollout will occur tommorow afternoon.

> Any ideas on when city streets, summon parking lot, and highways stacks will merge?
On track for release on beta 10.1 with the exception of summon. Hence the delay of 10.1. FSD can reverse in 10.1 as well. Summon was pushed to the bottom of our list for a while. Will use modified FSD model for summon. All vehicles will also be able to autopark in any space.