Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not happy with the hard, and often late braking myself. So I often it drives right up to the car in front at full speed and then hard breaks. And I have everything on chill or equivalent.

I would like to see the beta use regen braking more often instead of the actual brakes.

At the end of the drive I want to show FSD Beta its safety score to see what it has to say for itself. :)

Reactions: Terminator857
* Notably, no timeframe given. Oh, Elon...

The tweet's context makes it seem like we should be able to notice the persistence on the visualizations like what was shown at AI Day.

Yeah, would be nice. What was shown in that tweet had basically zero permanence (and the car often behaves accordingly!). I'm not sure what was "beyond wild" about it except for how cars that were perfectly visible to a human kept disappearing (and some weren't visualized at all).

* Notably, no timeframe given. Oh, Elon...
Give the man a break, he's been very consistent with FSD releases since the button. There were delays, but they were announced and honored to the T. 10.3 was on time, despite it's issue. Great turnaround time for 10.3.1 on that event. I decided to trust him now on FSD Beta timelines.

Yeah, would be nice. What was shown in that tweet had basically zero permanence (and the car often behaves accordingly!). I'm not sure what was "beyond wild" about it except for how cars that were perfectly visible to a human kept disappearing (and some weren't visualized at all).

People use hyperbole to get Elon to respond. I guess everyone wants their 30 seconds of twitter fame.

He said "probably" on track.
Yep, Elon said there is a probability of being on track for Friday. Which I smoothed it over by stating on track for this weekend. So I gave Tesla a few extra days leeway and tightened the expectation. Based on missing other releases I would say there is little probability of release Friday and higher probability of release Saturday and Sunday.

Then, when people quote they demolish whatever little nuance there is left in Twitter ...:confused:
The forum software shows the exact tweet so "demolish" seems rather excessive.

Last edited:
Reactions: rxlawdude
Yep, Elon said there is a probability of being on track for Friday. Which I smoothed it over by stating on track for this weekend. So I gave Tesla a few extra days leeway and tightened the expectation. Based on missing other releases I would say there is little probability of release Friday and higher probability of release Saturday and Sunday.
Yea I set expectations for Monday when he says Friday. That way if it’s before Monday, well then the expectations are exceeded lol 😅

Persistence across time & space was presented at AI Day, but it seems like some of what was presented was actually "bleeding edge" that hasn't made it to FSD Beta. The tweet's context makes it seem like we should be able to notice the persistence on the visualizations like what was shown at AI Day.
I miss the rotating cars. That was much more insane and entertaining than the mere appearing and reappearing cars.

My wife thinks I’m crazy to enjoy being an FSD Beta tester. She may be right!

Last edited: