Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon: FSD Beta tweets

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Butter smooth," my @$$! 🤬

butter.gif

Individual cars don't learn individually.

Troubleshooting anything would be a nightmare if they did (apart from the cars lack the power to train NNs onboard by orders of magnitude)

That said, the general GPS functions do lack a lot of broad settings many offer (prefer highways vs prefer surface streets for example) but that's unrelated to FSD.

The type of route preference learning I'm talking about doesn't require substantial HW to train the NN's.

I'm not sure the implementation would even include a Neural Network.

What I want could be implemented through waypoints. Where it would just be naming a route, and saving it.

The type of route preference learning I'm talking about doesn't require substantial HW to train the NN's.

I'm not sure the implementation would even include a Neural Network.

What I want could be implemented through waypoints. Where it would just be naming a route, and saving it.

Folks have been asking for nav waypoints since at least 2012.

Elons been promising them since at least 2020

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt and EVNow
* Notably, no timeframe given. Oh, Elon...

To be fair, he provided no timeline here, which is clever. This could take several more months.
This is actually - believe it or not - the correct way to communicate ! If he doesn't know when it might come out - and there is no current estimate - that is the correct thing to do. Infact the problem with Elon has been his "see I'm such a great futurist I can predict stuff" attitude towards deliverables. He almost talks about it like a third party commentator rather than the person in charge of delivery.

Of course, corporate speak of someone like Tim Cook goes one level further - not even committing to work on anything.

In the other extreme we have other auto makers who keep lying about their EV intentions and all the Tesla "sceptics" here give them a free pass.

This is actually - believe it or not - the correct way to communicate !
If I were him (fortunately I am not!), I would have said it is coming, but not in 10.4, since that is what is on people’s minds right now, and misinterpretation is possible. That would have been a clearer way to communicate that it is coming - at an undefined future time.

Reactions: EVNow
If I were him (fortunately I am not!), I would have said it is coming, but not in 10.4, since that is what is on people’s minds right now, and misinterpretation is possible. That would have been a clearer way to communicate that it is coming - at an undefined future time.
I think telling people that something isn't coming in the next release is a good idea, that way they're not waiting for it. Probably more useful than saying it's coming but not saying when. Especially when he said things are coming but they never came for yeas, like someone mentioned before with waypoints.

Reactions: jebinc
Actually testing for a UFO is SUPER easy. If you look up in the sky and see something you can NOT identify you have 100% spotted a UFO (Unidentified Flying Object).
Yes - but that UFO has to fall on the road.

Anyway, for FSD Beta most common objects are unidentified , anyway.

Speaking of which - if Tesla wanted a lot of flying leaves videos they would have got them from my car ;) FSD hasn't freaked out yet because of them.

Reactions: jebinc
Which will come first object permanence or UFO response (aka voxels)?
I saw a Silicon Valley Tesla Club video where the car avoided a tree that was randomly in the middle of a road, and also a Dirty Tesla video where it finally avoided a Road Closed sign.

In both cases the response was super jerky and it barely made it... but the car clearly did react to something that it wasn't strictly programmed to recognize.

Are these not examples of the "UFO Response", or am I thinking of something different?