Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if 10.8 means skipping 10.7 (as well as 10.6.x for ~40% of FSD Beta population):

Tesla Engineers: We're about to release 10.7
Elon: But, its so good we should call it 11
Tesla Engineers: But, 11 is supposed to be single stack
Elon: Okay, so how about 10.8 to show its extra special
Tesla Engineers: Ughh, okay.

Waypoints will definitely be something of substance.

Yes, Tesla finally cracking the advanced tech Garmin had in 2003.
(and not even managing that really... Garmins system included a travelling salesman solution back then where you could enter all your stops and it'd optimize the route for you- Teslas are just dumb adds)

Last edited:
“And holiday fun…” So, besides the new beta release, nothing of substance or v11 UI for the holidays. Maybe some games and farts is all?
I understand that you are on the sidelines of beta testing for now and maybe waypoints aren't important to you. But for me and I think a lot of others, waypoints do have substance. I saw improvements in 10.6 and am looking forward to 10.8.

As to farts, Easter eggs, entertainment, video, voice commands, games, etc., these are what everyone wants to see the most when they see the car.

Does that mean 10.8 should be called v12?

Funny. Someone in the 10.8 thread asked me the same question. I don't think so. The reason Elon calls 10.7 "arguably 11" is because it is a big enough jump from 10.6 in his eyes to justify calling it 11. I doubt 10.8 is another similarly big jump that it would jump again to 12. More likely, 10.8 would just be "11.1" since it is probably an incremental improvement on 10.7 or "11".

Reactions: K5TRX and jebinc
Funny. Someone in the 10.8 thread asked me the same question. I don't think so. The reason Elon calls 10.7 "arguably 11" is because it is a big enough jump from 10.6 in his eyes to justify calling it 11. I doubt 10.8 is another similarly big jump that it would jump again to 12. More likely, 10.8 would just be "11.1" since it is probably an incremental improvement on 10.7 or "11".
I really don’t care what it’s called .. at the end of the day the only question is if FSD is getting better. Version numbers are meaningless and were long ago subsumed by marketing to try to justify charging more for “upgrades” that weren’t.

Reactions: Ramphex
What happens if you try to use FSD Beta in Canada today? It is geofenced to work in the US only? I may drive to Canada soon and try it.

Since I have not seen any replies to that effect... Yes, it will drive - I went to Canada over Thanksgiving weekend and it was working. As far as my impression: it did a little worse in Canada than in US probably due to difference in lane marking etc. For example, it didn't want to offer autopark in the parking lots. I think, I was able to engage it just once - could be related to the parking lot marking - they are yellow in Canada and white in US.