Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
btw, I didn't get a email saying I had FSD beta.

Congrats! Check your spam folder. The email might be there. When I got FSD Beta, it was similar to your experience. I got an update out of the blue and it was FSD Beta. When I checked my spam folder, there was the standard FSD Beta email from Tesla that was sent about the same time I got the download.

• Informative
Reactions: impastu
How would dirt get INTO the camera lens?
Primarily cleaning the inside of the windshield glass and the inside of the pillar glass for the side cameras, basically the ones that are blinded all the time, possibly from the haze. Cleaning the outside of the lens would be nice as well. Do you ever clean the outside of the lens on your phone camera? It is the same way. That's impossible on the front and pillar cameras.

Perhaps some quotes would have helped.
clean "the inside of the glass" and the "camera".

Reactions: impastu
Primarily cleaning the inside of the windshield glass and the inside of the pillar glass for the side cameras, basically the ones that are blinded all the time, possibly from the haze. Cleaning the outside of the lens would be nice as well. Do you ever clean the outside of the lens on your phone camera? It is the same way. That's impossible on the front and pillar cameras.

Perhaps some quotes would have helped.
clean "the inside of the glass" and the "camera".
It’s similar to GoPro. Sealed camera, you clean the outside.

Reactions: israndy and impastu
It’s similar to GoPro. Sealed camera, you clean the outside.
For the fender and rear cameras sure.. for the windshield and pillar cameras that is not the case. As a matter of fact the pillar cameras are not sealed.
"Inspect both B-pillar applique camera cavities for condensation. If condensation is present in either B-pillar applique, remove and discard the gore patches from both B-pillar appliques to improve the airflow and reduce condensation."

If "improve the airflow and reduce condensation" means sealed to you then have a nice day.

5207 seconds into video: Lex: When will Tesla solve level 4 FSD?
Elon: Looking very likely next year
Suspect Elon does not mean solving, but a first basic implementation.

5265 seconds into video:
Elon: Disengagement rates have been dropping dramatically. Looks like we will get to better than average human by next year.
Elon’s FSD timeline predictions have zero value.

Last edited:
Elon’s FSD timeline predictions have zero value.

In fact, negative value.
Absolutely wrong.

It’s been a great source of inspiration for a lot of jokes (and trolls) here.

Yes, I’ve seen reports of condensation on those.
All three Tesla's I've owned, or own have pillar cameras that fog regularly in this Seattle weather - rendering AP and FSD inop. Seems like the cars were solely designed for SoCal use only - in many respects (wipers, cameras, summer tires, etc.) Pure crap.

All three Tesla's I've owned, or own have pillar cameras that fog regularly in this Seattle weather - rendering AP and FSD inop. Seems like the cars were solely designed for SoCal use only - in many respects (wipers, cameras, summer tires, etc.) Pure crap.

I've been reading your posts for months now, as I awaited my own car. Unfortunately, you seem very frustrated with your Model S. Perhaps it would be easier on your blood pressure to sell it and drive something more to your liking?

I've been reading your posts for months now, as I awaited my own car. Unfortunately, you seem very frustrated with your Model S. Perhaps it would be easier on your blood pressure to sell it and drive something more to your liking?
@planetary Perhaps, and I’ve seriously considered that (selling the Plaid). However, nothing yet out there that I would be interested in buying at the moment. I even tried to get Tesla to buy it back, for the ongoing vibration issue; but they declined.

That would be bad long term for Tesla. I’d rather they listen to the feedback (and issues) and start being a bit more methodical about doing better. That helps everyone. The customers, but also Tesla. IMO they are tantalizingly close to going to the next level, but they need to make a couple of (difficult) changes in how they do things.

Reactions: impastu and jebinc
Seems like the cars were solely designed for SoCal use only
SoCal resident here... AHEM
Ncv6U1I.jpg