Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SoCal resident here... AHEM
Ncv6U1I.jpg
Seems like that should be sealed and filled with an inert gas. Maybe heating elements are the way to go. It would probably be hard for a repair shop to replace that glass if it was totally sealed.

Reactions: impastu and jebinc
Weird how such a smart guy can be so dumb about FSD. There will be no Level 5 FSD in the foreseeable future. Not next year, not in ten years. 0% chance. The fundamental problem is: the computer doesn't understand what's happening around it and cannot make safe decisions in innumerable situations that, while rare, do pop up from time to time. The computer will never be able to tell that a child or dog is about to run into the road. The computer will never be able to tell whether an object that fell in the road is so heavy as to require swerving or slamming on the brakes or so light that it's safest to drive right through it, because the computer has no idea what the object is. The computer will never be able to tell that a traffic light is out and that it's dangerous to drive straight through the intersection. The computer may soon do a wonderful job avoiding accidents 99.99% of the time and then kill a family doing something moronic that no human ever would have done. I do think Level 5 FSD limited to freeway situations is conceivable because there are far fewer exceptional occurrences and the benefits of the computer's inability to be tired or distracted may outweigh its stupidity.

Last edited:
Is there a curated lover version?
Well… apparently voice commands work :)

Let’s see.. from a sw view I would list my “likes” as:
- Sentry mode. But it’s not really reliable and it’s failure has cost me. Nevertheless it’s my favorite sw feature.
- The app. I love the ability to remotely connect and warm the car up.
- The map. Very useful compare to other cars I’ve owned/uses. 2 figure zoom and sliding around is great.
- The continually monitoring of the projected battery level when on longer drives. Gives me confidence that I won’t get myself stuck without a charge.
- the over the air updates. New things arrive after I’ve paid for the car.
- It’s perception (fsd beta) is impressive. Eg the lanes, cars, etc… Not yet usable to drive the car in a reasonable way, but it impresses me nonetheless.
- Spotify and in general the streaming audio (and Ben the phone Bluetooth audio) Again a mixed bag but it sounds great.
- auto plot. The lane follow feature is also a mixed bag but at times is nice to have.