Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon says they will raise price as they get closer to production release. I wonder if 11 will be the production release? It will have the single stack and some big rewrites so I could see it being the production release.

I hope not, given current ability. Even if it's a release candidate, I would think the beta testers should take a stab at it first.

I agree. My thought is that FSD Beta testers will get 11 first and then maybe 11.2 or 11.3 will be the production release.

Even that is hard to fathom. Given the hoops the beta testers had to jump through to minimize the risk of bad publicity. Wide release would imply SIGNIFICANT improvement in FSD to ensure similar levels of PR risk. If the bulk of v11 was just single stack, which understandably is a sh*tton of work, then I wouldn't expect big AI improvements with current FSD beta. I do think summon and autopark will get a lot better. Undecided about highway FSD. The behavior I think will be different enough to annoy long time users of AP/NoA.

Reactions: impastu
Still a very good price for a robotaxi.
But what about a Student Robotaxi? No Student discount?🤣🤣🤣
IMG_0207D.jpeg

What is meant by production release? Removal of the word beta? No more safety score barrier? That is rather arbitrary. Elon can do that now if he wants.

Everyone who paid for FSD gets it. That's my definition. Beta label likely stays, along with all the warnings that FSD can do wrong thing at any time, so pay attention.

Everyone who paid for FSD gets it. That's my definition. Beta label likely stays, along with all the warnings that FSD can do wrong thing at any time, so pay attention.
If this happens we will all are likely to lose it do to NHTSA regulations after all the accidents and irresponsible YouTube videos start poring in. We are playing with fire as it is.

Reactions: daktari
Elon says they will raise price as they get closer to production release. I wonder if 11 will be the production release? It will have the single stack and some big rewrites so I could see it being the production release.
seriously doubt it. We should start a book on bets for release version. I am tempted to offer odds on an over/under at v14.5

• Funny
Reactions: Ramphex
seriously doubt it. We should start a book on bets for release version. I am tempted to offer odds on an over/under at v14.5

Well, the reason I think the production version will be one of the 11 versions is because I think Elon will release the production version of FSD as "door to door" L2. I think he will say that the single stack is "feature complete" and is safer than human driving so it is good enough for public release. It will still require driver supervision but Elon will blame regulators.

Well, the reason I think the production version will be one of the 11 versions is because I think Elon will release the production version of FSD as "door to door" L2. I think he will say that the single stack is "feature complete" and is safer than human driving so it is good enough for public release. It will still require driver supervision but Elon will blame regulators.
So what's you're bet? Starting the books at $1 ;-)