Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon: FSD Beta tweets

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I always need to get used to the new software but it usually doesn't take too long. I am used to the diving for the bike lane now and I know it will recover before I need to do anything so I just let it do it's thing.

Pretty much back to letting the car drive, gives me time to relax. Sure there are the occasional TAKE OVER IMMEDIATELY beeping madness, but most of the drive is quite nice, and even with the car shouting at me there isn't an emergency, the car is still going in a straight line down the road, so it's getting better. Looking forward to getting 10.9
Agree, for me, especially with 10.8.1, i feel like it was definitely getting close to a point where on low-traffic roads that you frequently travel it would drive quite nicely and you could relax a bit. But I no longer feel that way on 10.9. It's a lot more jerky, harder phantom braking, and swerving into incorrect lanes for no good reason.

Most (including me) are still on 10.8.1
I've changed my perception on this a bit. It's only natural to want the latest and greatest that's currently available. However, with how these releases have been going, I think Tesla's approach is often something more like: Let's change X for 10.9 and get a subset of people on that. Then, we'll change Y for 10.10 and get another subset of people on that. We can then compare data for X and Y with the people still on 10.8.1 and see how things are panning out, with the goal of getting the best of all three possibly in 10.11. Meaning, 10.9 and 10.10 may be more experimental and not necessarily the "greatest" in hindsight.

Just my two cents, of course...

Reactions: momo3605
I've changed my perception on this a bit. It's only natural to want the latest and greatest that's currently available. However, with how these releases have been going, I think Tesla's approach is often something more like: Let's change X for 10.9 and get a subset of people on that. Then, we'll change Y for 10.10 and get another subset of people on that. We can then compare data for X and Y with the people still on 10.8.1 and see how things are panning out, with the goal of getting the best of all three possibly in 10.11. Meaning, 10.9 and 10.10 may be more experimental and not necessarily the "greatest" in hindsight.

Just my two cents, of course...
just my personal theory but yeah i agree lol. it feels like they are testing something with the rapid but limited releases over the last month or so. my GUESS is they are testing some of the foundations of v11 before it's launch. obv could be way off lol but it does feel methodical.

Most (including me) are still on 10.8.1
Yup. I've been fairly happy with 10.8.1 after getting skipped on 10.8 which had problems. With the recall and other changes who knows what the new release number will be but I'm guessing 10.10.1. Maybe we'll see a release over the weekend.

Interesting at last night's SpaceX presentation Elon mentioned his two top priorities were FSD and melting problems with the new Raptor 2 engine. Shows how much he has stayed engaged with FSD and implies there are serious software engineering problems that need to be resolved.

Of course "FSD doesn't use the same logic as non-FSD AP", but that has nothing to do with Elon's statement about rules of the road. My post was strictly about flashing green lights and signage, not whether Tesla is going to create a Canadian FSD version with different responses to speed limit and stop signs just because they look different.

When I drove in Canada with my US FSD it seemed few like extra misbehaviors was mostly due to the difference in lane markings.

• Informative
Reactions: EVNow
This is one where the handful of owners got it wrong. AP doesn't penalize SS. The people reporting it likely incurred a penalty outside of AP use and didn't realize it. Pretty easy to make the mistake given there's no immediate feedback when you got dinged.

The people who got really into the weeds of the scoring mechanics were able to leverage AP and other tricks to get high safety scores early on.

Full regenerative braking doesn't ding by itself but it seems like it not very far from the limit and when it is combined with incline (going uphill) it could put it over the threshold. And it doesn't much of an incline... It took me some time to notice one of them when I was trying to figure out why I was getting aggressive braking on a neighborhood streets. Once I stopped doing full regen on that stretch I stopped being hit with aggressive braking (just mistyped it as barking :) )

I'm not sure if auto wipers will ever work. If it is a light rain/drizzle it is often that the upper part of the windshield doesn't get any rain due to it being blown away by the wind so the camera does not see any raindrops while the lower part is getting wetter and wetter until I can't see anything.
It can work by looking at whether other vehicles have their wipers on. Or other visual cues, after all humans can see it's raining without any windows at all.