Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
Some of the twitter info gets really confusing to parse, because there are likely to be future versions of FSD Beta that are numbered 11.x.y and 12.x.y (which could be called "FSD Beta 11" and "FSD Beta 12"), and there's also the current "FSB Beta 10", and the latest sub-versions of that are 10.11.x and there's now chatter about 10.12.x. When someone just says "FSD 12" or "Beta 11", it's not always clear to me if they mean the now/near-future 10.11/10.12 or the further-out future 11.x/12.x releases.

Increase in 80mph limit coming soon.
Quote: @elonmusk can tesla please up the autopilot limit from 80 to 85 or 90 on vision cars? Us roadtrippers will thank you.
Elon Musk: Coming soon

Lol remember when this was coming out in a weeks after Tesla Vision rolled out in May 2021

“For a short period during this transition, cars with Tesla Vision may be delivered with some features temporarily limited or inactive, including:

Autosteer will be limited to a maximum speed of 80 mph and a longer minimum following distance.
In the weeks ahead, we’ll start restoring these features via a series of over-the-air software updates.”

With continued delays and now Karpathy's sabbatical, I'm still waiting for headline in Forbes, Newsweek, NY Times, or the like: "Tesla mulls Full Self-Driving's future."
I guess right after this headline ... ?

I guess right after this headline ... ?

You seriously believe that? Elon's been promising widespread roll out this year...for the past 5+ years. I would take anything Elon says with regards to FSD timelines with a grain of salt.

Let me add these here for the usual suspects, so they can just cut and paste as replies to the article:

"Its fake news. All media hates elon"
"Frugal Tesla Guy is a schill for Rivian/Polestar/Lucid"
"CNN has TSLAQ (whatever that even means)"
"Just wait, Robotaxi is coming this year. Because Elon said so"
"The author of that article has a third cousin whose neighbor shorted TSLA"
"its absolutely worth $12k to have your car drive up onto curbs and into short poles sticking up, for you"

With continued delays and now Karpathy's sabbatical, I'm still waiting for headline in Forbes, Newsweek, NY Times, or the like: "Tesla mulls Full Self-Driving's future."

Well Karpathy's sabbatical tells me that he was totally burnt out from the pressure or hours (I quit my job and traveled for 8 months after burning out, had no obligations at that point in life). Elon probably told him to take some time off because he didn't want to lose him. Eventually a long feature article will come out about it from a major publication in a few years.

You seriously believe that? Elon's been promising widespread roll out this year...for the past 5+ years. I would take anything Elon says with regards to FSD timelines with a grain of salt.
Ofcourse not.

Media absolutely loves to print headlines mentioning Tesla and Elon. There is simply no other assured click baits in the world like those.

And if I believed the FUD media printed about Tesla, I’d have been a poor man today.

Reactions: AKAlex and momo3605
Wish the forum had a "remind me" bot like Reddit.

But even if you are correct, it isn't like he's a non-replaceable asset.

No one is unreplaceable, but a good project leader and SRO is invaluable, and losing someone of his experience and vision will set the FSD programme back half a year quite easily, worst case scenario you might even have to do an entire project reboot.

• Disagree
Reactions: 2101Guy and EVNow
No one is unreplaceable, but a good project leader and SRO is invaluable, and losing someone of his experience and vision will set the FSD programme back half a year quite easily, worst case scenario you might even have to do an entire project reboot.
I think he is more of a PR person … yes, it would be difficult to replace a good lead who is also popular on Twitter.

But, your estimation of how much of a setback it would actually be is highly exaggerated.

Reactions: drtimhill