Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My point is if there was no spacex, life as we know it would be exactly the same for you and I. Launching satellites is nothing new. They’re just doing it cheaper. It’s not revolutionizing the way we live our daily lives.

Also building cars was nothing new when Henry Ford used the assembly line to do it. They just did it cheaper. It didn't revolutionize the way anyone lived their life.

Said nobody ever.

Launching satellites is nothing new. They’re just doing it cheaper. It’s not revolutionizing the way we live our daily lives. Does it have an impact? Perhaps. But I’m not benefitting from cheap satellite deployment unless I subscribe to his internet service.

I hate feeding trolls, but this is really silly. He's bringing down the launch costs by orders of magnitude. It's not slightly cheaper, it's ridiculously cheaper. Nobody really has any ability to predict exactly how that will play out in the coming decades, but it's absolutely revolutionary for human progress, and it will affect everyone. All kinds of ambitious space plans that were unreasonably, impossibly expensive in the past will now be realistic and possible. It's the kind of game changer that comes along once in many decades.

Starlink in particular (which is just one small aspect, but I'll take it since you mentioned it) is already bringing high speed, low latency Internet to rural areas where it was never affordable to do so before, all around the world. It's also bringing un-censor-able Internet raining down from the sky in countries that previously tried to control the flow of information and keep people in the dark through border controls on terrestrial Internet links. If you can't see the value in that, I can't help you.

I hate feeding trolls, but this is really silly. He's bringing down the launch costs by orders of magnitude. It's not slightly cheaper, it's ridiculously cheaper. Nobody really has any ability to predict exactly how that will play out in the coming decades, but it's absolutely revolutionary for human progress, and it will affect everyone. All kinds of ambitious space plans that were unreasonably, impossibly expensive in the past will now be realistic and possible. It's the kind of game changer that comes along once in many decades.

Starlink in particular (which is just one small aspect, but I'll take it since you mentioned it) is already bringing high speed, low latency Internet to rural areas where it was never affordable to do so before, all around the world. It's also bringing un-censor-able Internet raining down from the sky in countries that previously tried to control the flow of information and keep people in the dark through border controls on terrestrial Internet links. If you can't see the value in that, I can't help you.
That’s awesome. But my original point is Musk isn’t making life altering changes to the way most people live like prior pioneers. Yet, he’s treated by some like a living god. People say he’s more impactful that Steve Jobs? Give me a break. Steve Jobs changes almost everyone’s life due to his vision. The computer industry, the mobile phone industry, the computer industry, the movie industry. All have an impact on all our lives. Elon doesn’t come close. I’m not saying what he does isn’t important. What I’m saying is he couldn’t carry Steve Jobs or Bill Gates jocks.

I can’t wait for Elon to get Trump back on (moderator edit) Twitter. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s awesome. But my original point is Musk isn’t making life altering changes to the way most people live like prior pioneers. Yet, he’s treated by some like a living god. People say he’s more impactful that Steve Jobs? Give me a break. Steve Jobs changes almost everyone’s life due to his vision. The computer industry, the mobile phone industry, the computer industry, the movie industry. All have an impact on all our lives. Elon doesn’t come close. I’m not saying what he does isn’t important. What I’m saying is he couldn’t carry Steve Jobs or Bill Gates jocks.

I can’t wait for Elon to get Trump back on (moderator edit) Twitter. :D
Steve Wozniak might disagree with your man crush on Jobs and his involvement are creation.

Reactions: WhiteWi
Steve Wozniak might disagree with your man crush on Jobs and his involvement are creation.
It's no different than every man crush on Elon in this forum...I'm here for the goods and bads of FSD, yet most threads dissolve into how Elon is either terrible or a god saving humanity...i literally don't care

I can’t wait for Elon to get Trump back on Titter. :D

People appreciate Musk because he tackles very hard problems where the industry experts often think are impossible tasks. I don't think comparing Musk with Jobs makes much sense. Jobs' mission was to make technology accessible to everyone via good UX. Musk's mission is to force the world to use sustainable energy and have a plan B if SHTF on this planet. These are fundamentally very different missions, and the timescale for Musk's ambitions are much longer. Humanity has been lucky to have them both.

With the Lisa/Mac sure. Woz wasn’t involved when Steve returned nor was he involved with NeXt, Pixar, etc etc…

Or, use Bill Gates as an example. Same thing - bigger impact. Bill had a vision and Paul did heavy lifting. I don’t think Elon does any heavy lifting. He just had the vision.

I just hope the neural link monkeys don’t turn on us…

Last edited:
Tesla vision won't see in the rain no matter how much brains are assigned to the task. Never bet on HW3!
I hardly ever play with FSD. I tried it today and it worked for about 5 minutes until the sun started shining and it told me to clean the cameras. Those cameras are spotless and bright light renders them useless. Worst $10,000 I ever spent.

It's no different than every man crush on Elon in this forum...I'm here for the goods and bads of FSD, yet most threads dissolve into how Elon is either terrible or a god saving humanity...i literally don't care
FYI Wozniak has been commenting lately on an Electrek forum about the (now-getting-ancient) definitional trivia of "who is a company founder"? Apple had 3 -- Woz says it's fine to consider what the court said, that Tesla had 5, including J. B. Straubel. The apt analogy is that Jobs-was-to-Wozniak as Musk-was-to-Straubel. Now back to FSD ...

i like how the waymo fanboys, tesla haters and trolls always act like everyone here praises Musk like he's a god.... honestly... i can't think of a single post i've ever read on here that wasn't essentially mild praise, generally qualified with "These XX things still need lots of work!". and ALL of those are followed by 10 pages of how Musk at Tesla are complete *sugar*... its that psychological construct where you blame people for the thing your doing (can't think of the name)... gotta love closed/small minded people.

for the record, i think EM is a (moderator edit)... but he is endlessly entertaining lol... also, Jobs was just as much a pompous (moderator edit), completely self absorbed and full of himself... the guy had 1 good idea and was a decent salesman, thats it. (also kind of amusing some here want to argue their cult of personality is somehow better rofl)

• Funny
Reactions: KArnold and WhiteWi
Elon wasn’t a (moderator edit) until he had an opinion different that the liberal mainstream about COVID.

I don’t want to get into whether he was right or wrong about that, but ever since then Musk has been wrong about everything.
He’s not wrong about (moderator edit) Twitter. People are afraid Trump will come back and that somehow infringes on their safe spaces.

Elon understands free speech is under attack. I LOVED his analogy of “if someone you don’t like can say something you don’t like, we have free speech”. Brilliant. I want that on a tshirt.

He’s not wrong about (moderator edit) Twitter.....Elon understands free speech is under attack. I LOVED his analogy of “if someone you don’t like can say something you don’t like, we have free speech”.....
Free speech is a right granted in the Constitution to limit government and has NOTHING to do with private companies. As long as the Constitution is in effect you have free speech and is a right guaranteed.

Also when someone says something Elon doesn't like or agree with he then blocks them on Tweeter. Proving Elon is a flawed human just like the rest of us. Now he should forget Tweeter and get back to what he does best. Tweeter could be a GIGANTIC waste of money since it doesn't produce or own any real assets (it is a fad compony). Also if he sales Tesla stock to buy this will tank Tesla stock (which it is already effecting). In 10 years Tweeter could be as relevant and valuable as My Space is now. Hell even Elon said Twitter was dying. Let Tweeter die then (plus any idea of involvement) and concentrate on cars, energy and space, you know things that we KNOW will be relevant and valuable in 10 years.

Free speech is a right granted in the Constitution to limit government and has NOTHING to do with private companies. As long as the Constitution is in effect you have free speech and is a right guaranteed.

Also when someone says something Elon doesn't like or agree with he then blocks them on Tweeter. Proving Elon is a flawed human just like the rest of us. Now he should forget Tweeter and get back to what he does best. Tweeter could be a GIGANTIC waste of money since it doesn't produce or own any real assets (it is a fad compony). Also if he sales Tesla stock to buy this will tank Tesla stock (which it is already effecting). In 10 years Tweeter could be as relevant and valuable as My Space is now. Hell even Elon said Twitter was dying. Let Tweeter die then (plus any idea of involvement) and concentrate on cars, energy and space, you know things that we KNOW will be relevant and valuable in 10 years.
Elon is playing 4D chess. There’s an election in 2 years and he’s simply making preparations. He’s not trying to make any financial gain from the acquisition.

Reactions: WhiteWi
Elon is playing 4D chess. There’s an election in 2 years and he’s simply making preparations. He’s not trying to make any financial gain from the acquisition.
He is addicted to and has become obsessed with Tweeter. While obsession can be a motivating and great quality (this is why SpaceX and Tesla succeeded), in this case it is driven by his addiction. Once obsessed he can't let go. A perfect example of an unhealthy and illogical obsession he has was on display in the recent TED talk. He was asked about his biggest regret. He chose that he wished that he and Straubel had founded Tesla. OK no big deal so asked/answered and move on to the next question. He couldn't because that got his obsession brewing and he then started ranting on about Eberhard and Tarpenning and couldn't stop. Elon, LET IT GO. You won, Tesla is synonymous with you so MOVE ON. You have ALL the CONTROL, MONEY and POWER. He can't because he is obsessed with these two people who almost no one knows or cares about and will be at best a footnote in history.

He’s not wrong about (moderator edit) Twitter. People are afraid Trump will come back and that somehow infringes on their safe spaces.

Elon understands free speech is under attack. I LOVED his analogy of “if someone you don’t like can say something you don’t like, we have free speech”. Brilliant. I want that on a tshirt.
I don’t think people are worried about there safe spaces as much as they are afraid that Trump might use the platform to call for another violent insurrection.