Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon: FSD Beta tweets

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think its awesome that Chucks hard work has been acknowledged by Elon.

Can't wait for Chuck to try 10.13 once its released. Curious to see what most of the time translates into.
What doesn’t make sense to me about the whole left turn situation is why they can’t just fix it. Why can’t Elon say “we took all the camera data from every left turn you’ve made and every single one was successful in simulation. Then we hardcore simulated it a million more times randomizing car speeds, weather, and time of day. It should now be 🔥. We’ve even added it to our regression testing so it should never break again. You’re going to have to find another left turn. 🤯

Reactions: momo3605
If you find an issue with a plane you ground it until you figure out how to fix it...
Would Tesla really have a hard time finding bugs with only 100 employee testers?
I'm not saying that FSD Beta is unsafe. It appears to be relatively safe with the group of people currently testing it, I just don't think they're deploying it for engineering reasons.
My conspiracy theorist brain says that the master plan is for it to be banned so they can blame their failure to deliver robotaxis on regulators.
First mechanical tools should have never been allowed to carry humans until it was proven safe by experts of pencil pushers.

As for banning, that's pretty cynical. Very cynical.

• Disagree
Reactions: KArnold
Elon promises FSD Beta 10.13 will solve Chuck's unprotected left turn "most of the time":

I feel strongly that the best solution for Chuck's left turn would be for FSD beta to turn right, get to the left lane and make a U-turn at the light. And to do this in general when such ill-advised left turns have been put in place by the local road authority.

Will after Elon clobbered TSLA, negatively effected the entire US economy and even required the President to comment on all his negative economy and 10% cutbacks last week he now reverses course over the weekend when it won't really help TSLA that much. 🙁

I wish economist would understand Elon's "two weeks" "coming by the end of this year" statements for what they are. Just instant thoughts off the top of his brain with no real forethought or analysis.

EDIT: Also is it me or are the fonts all BOLD now?

Screen Shot 2022-06-05 at 7.02.45 AM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 2101Guy
And in other news, TomTom is undergoing an internal shake up:
Wow, the recent proof that a true self-driving vehicle cannot rely on maps has hit fast & hard. Creative destruction at work!

It has been established that a true self-driving vehicle cannot rely on maps.

Does that mean it will actually be next year?
It’s going to be a very long while - for this navigation without maps it would have to read street signs at a minimum to reduce major errors and constant traversing of dead end streets, etc. And even then I would never want to be in the car; in general it would be very very difficult for it to find the right route. (Think getting “stuck” on the wrong side of a river for example.) I’m pretty sure you never want a system that works this way, though maybe I’m missing something. Not sure what he is raving about; it makes no sense at all to me - everyone uses maps and they are essential.

It may be that this feature will be reserved for Cybertruck. ;)

Reactions: BMW740iL
Glad it's not just me, I thought I somehow messed up my TMC settings lol
I was experiencing this problem when I posted my last message above. I tried to un-bold it several times before posting, but couldn't affect it on-screen. Apparently I ended up leaving it with Bold tags after all that, and now I can't edit the post anymore.

Maybe a mod could un-bold it for me...anyway sorry for the unintended effect.