Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You haven’t been fooled enough by Elon promises? 🤣
Allow me to post the following so the usual f bois can save keystrokes and instead, cut and paste as their response to you:

"Elon never actually said the word promise, thus, legally per FTC rules, it isnt binding"
"When Elonsaid NYC to LA without any human input by 2017, he didnt spell out New York City or Los Angeles. Thus, many simply assumed he meant those cities"
"The customer was wrong for misunderstanding Full Self Driving. That was simply the name of it. It didnt imply it would actually Fully Self Drive. Misunderstanding on the part of the customer, not Elon"
"Tesla's dont Phantom Brake, because its not actually the pads touching the rotors when the car slows from 80 to 40 in 2 seconds"

Allow me to post the following so the usual f bois can save keystrokes and instead, cut and paste as their response to you:

"Elon never actually said the word promise, thus, legally per FTC rules, it isnt binding"
"When Elonsaid NYC to LA without any human input by 2017, he didnt spell out New York City or Los Angeles. Thus, many simply assumed he meant those cities"
"The customer was wrong for misunderstanding Full Self Driving. That was simply the name of it. It didnt imply it would actually Fully Self Drive. Misunderstanding on the part of the customer, not Elon"
"Tesla's dont Phantom Brake, because its not actually the pads touching the rotors when the car slows from 80 to 40 in 2 seconds"
NYC = Not your city
LA = Leave me Alone
FSD = fools self driving

I would be shocked if he meant New York City to los angeles 😳

NYC = Not your city
LA = Leave me Alone
FSD = fools self driving

I would be shocked if he meant New York City to los angeles 😳
and people FELL FOR IT. Literally believed that they would ACTUALLY be able to LEAVE their Tesla in NYC. Be in Los Angeles, open up their Tesla App, press (and hold) a button, and HAVE THE CAR DRIVE ON ITS OWN ACROSS THE USA. Stopping for charging and everything. ALL ON ITS OWN.

I am NOT kidding you. He tweeted that AND HUMAN BEINGS ON THIS EARTH BELIEVED HIM.

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

and people FELL FOR IT. Literally believed that they would ACTUALLY be able to LEAVE their Tesla in NYC. Be in Los Angeles, open up their Tesla App, press (and hold) a button, and HAVE THE CAR DRIVE ON ITS OWN ACROSS THE USA. Stopping for charging and everything. ALL ON ITS OWN.

I am NOT kidding you. He tweeted that AND HUMAN BEINGS ON THIS EARTH BELIEVED HIM.

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
Lol the best part is (and hold). For several days.

Reactions: 2101Guy
Not a tweet - but a quote. Applies to SpaceX and Tesla.

1654647340431.png

Reactions: specie
its doubtful that the hardware requirements in those vehicles would be significantly different.
Maybe. Maybe not. I have no idea what an ATV radar's requirements might be. Perhaps they want to track jackrabbits. And a semi truck has a much longer stopping distance than a consumer car, so, if the unit had a radar, it would probably need a longer range than the one used in cars.

I don't think Tesla would need to retrofit anything lol, the cameras are good enough for current functions and to roll out FSD to the full fleet as a Level 2 ADAS

If we start talking about equipment required for anything beyond Level 2, we can wonder how many vehicles were shipped without the redundant steering control units that were cut due to supply chain issues. And we can wonder whether the current camera numbers and positions are even capable of achieving Level 3+ functionality before we wonder whether the redundant sensors can be retrofit.