Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He said THIS summer... but we didn't see which calendar he was pointing at when he said it.
Mayan.

Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 12.31.03 PM.png

TMC Forums used to show tweets in posts, but now I'm just getting links.

Is there a setting I need to change or something? Just started happening a week or two ago.
Just in case anyone else if having this problem in Firefox, @Mardak DM'd me the solution. Thank you!

Are you using Firefox? And if so, did you turn on "Total Cookie Protection" recently? Creating these 2 prefs (using the same list of urls as the String value) in about:config seems to work for me:
Code:
Code:
urlclassifier.features.socialtracking.skipURLs
cdn.syndication.twimg.com,pbs.twimg.com,platform.twitter.com,syndication.twitter.com,video.twimg.com

urlclassifier.trackingSkipURLs
cdn.syndication.twimg.com,pbs.twimg.com,platform.twitter.com,syndication.twitter.com,video.twimg.com

I do believe that article/that Tesla AP/FSD drivers are less likely to crash.
I mean, when (based solely on posts from persons on this forum who support FSD) it goes through red lights, makes turns from the wrong lane, collides with curbs on right hand turns? It makes sense that the drivers have to/are paying more attention.

I do believe that article/that Tesla AP/FSD drivers are less likely to crash.
I mean, when (based solely on posts from persons on this forum who support FSD) it goes through red lights, makes turns from the wrong lane, collides with curbs on right hand turns? It makes sense that the drivers have to/are paying more attention.

AP can't do any of those things, and the vast majority of the fleet only has AP (based on FSD take rate estimates)
FSD can't do most of those, and its extremely unlikely that it will run a red light considering it stops for all lights (without a lead car)
FSD Beta can do those things, but you have be part of the program along with actually using it to successfully use it to crash.

Over time I believe AP accidents will decrease (per mile average) as driver monitoring is enhanced, and comparisons to other L2 vehicles become clearer.

Over time I believe FSD Beta accidents will increase to a point where it can't progress any further, and limits are put on it. The NHTSA already has their hands hovering over the STOP button while they watch the log data flow in. They know there are limits to how far L2 can be taken before the human simply isn't engaged enough to take over quickly or where the situations unfolds too quickly for the human to prevent an accident. The technology itself has to be good enough on its own before being put into consumer hands.

Over time I believe FSD Beta accidents will increase to a point where it can't progress any further, and limits are put on it. The NHTSA already has their hands hovering over the STOP button while they watch the log data flow in. They know there are limits to how far L2 can be taken before the human simply isn't engaged enough to take over quickly or where the situations unfolds too quickly for the human to prevent an accident. The technology itself has to be good enough on its own before being put into consumer hands.
I find this to be very interesting. I can see a re-definition of SAE levels if NHTSA does find that humans cannot handle L2 or L3 properly. It would mean that L2 and L3 aren't possible and the scale will go from L1 straight to L4 and L5.

I find this to be very interesting. I can see a re-definition of SAE levels if NHTSA does find that humans cannot handle L2 or L3 properly. It would mean that L2 and L3 aren't possible and the scale will go from L1 straight to L4 and L5.

There would be no reason to redefine SAE levels just because Tesla can’t do FSD Beta successfully in those tiers.

While L2 and L3 may not be impractical for AVs, they’re well-defined for limited scope systems. L2 highway assist features are available on many cars, and L3 seems to be coming first to traffic jam scenarios.

Reactions: S4WRXTTCS
Over time I believe FSD Beta accidents will increase to a point where it can't progress any further, and limits are put on it. The NHTSA already has their hands hovering over the STOP button while they watch the log data flow in.
If that happens it won't be a decision based on safety. It will be political statement. If serious accident rates using FSD beta remain substantially below the national average, it makes no sense to limit it, unless an elected official is hustling for votes.

This could explain all of Elon's recent political tweets. He's taken a page out of Kyrsten Sinema's playbook: If you like me, then I like you. In Elon's position, it pays to be mysterious because it allows future flexibility.

I think that Elon understands that Biden has to be pro union and Biden understands that Tesla's employees don't want a union. It's no different than the situation with Toyota, Honda and all the rest of the US non-union automotive shops.