Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No doubt they'll release 10.69, then within a day or two patch it to 10.69.420
Sometimes 10.12.2 acts like it is 10.12.2.420. So I'm OK with what you suggest. But an 8/20 release (so to speak) would be a remarkable character break for Mr. M.

(We used to live in Santa Cruz, where on the UC SC campus 4:20 on 4/20 was/is an annual toke-in. )

NEWS_170429965_AR_0_XRYMHPOOUGDH.jpg

I wouldn’t be surprised if they do a quick wide release on this one for the memes.
Do you remember the dangerous 10.3 (or maybe 10.4) when Beta was released in mass? Were you on Beta then? It was shocking near scary to drive your car. If so you would know there is a near 0 chance that all Beta will rollout all at once and will continue the slow/checking rollout that is standard now.

Do you remember the dangerous 10.3 when Beta was released in mass? Were you on Beta then? It was near scary. If so you would know there is near 0 chance that all Beta will rollout all at one and will continue the slow/checking rollout that is standard now.
But this one will be 🔥🔥🔥

No, I wasn’t. I had not heard about that, and now I’m going to go find out more about it.

Hopefully this rollout is done in a safe way, of course. I still wouldn’t be surprised, however. With the inclusion of so many new drivers and them holding back this release for so long, they might be over confident on this one. I mean, the idea of relying on passive sensors at all is pretty scary as it is.

But this one will be 🔥🔥🔥

No, I wasn’t. I had not heard about that, and now I’m going to go find out more about it.

Hopefully this rollout is done in a safe way, of course. I still wouldn’t be surprised, however. With the inclusion of so many new drivers and them holding back this release for so long, they might be over confident on this one. I mean, the idea of relying on passive sensors at all is pretty scary as it is.
It WAS 🔥🔥🔥 because it was giving false FCW constantly and jamming the brakes when cars were not even close. Also did this when driving manually. It was a scary nightmare for a few days. It was released on Friday (I think) and Tesla worked all weekend for a FAST path and was released on Tuesday (I think). Was close to having to pull the entire Beta.

After this fiasco Musk implemented the slow rollout method so it would never happen again. So it WILL be a slow rollout.

Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 12.11.25 PM.png

Last edited:
They couldn’t get a score of 100, pathetic; safety is in their name
To be fair, this is a Vehicle Research & Testing vehicle probably doing stuff like slamming on brakes and testing for collision avoidance. NHTSA did eventually get in with 10.11 in April, so not really sure what he was referring to in "we'll turn it on" other than to cause some more confusion. This was a Model S originally with RCCC cameras, so they had to go through RCCB camera retrofit in February still without interior camera that might impact how they can evaluate FSD Beta.

• Informative
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
To be fair, this is a Vehicle Research & Testing vehicle probably doing stuff like slamming on brakes and testing for collision avoidance. NHTSA did eventually get in with 10.11 in April, so not really sure what he was referring to in "we'll turn it on" other than to cause some more confusion. This was a Model S originally with RCCC cameras, so they had to go through RCCB camera retrofit in February still without interior camera that might impact how they can evaluate FSD Beta.
I would have hoped the NHTSA would be given the software with no Safety Score considerations. They are the regulators. Perhaps they didn't ask for a demo but wanted to test the process from scratch, and got tired of waiting.

If they've had it now since April we haven't heard yet what they think about it.

Reactions: pilotSteve
I would have hoped the NHTSA would be given the software with no Safety Score considerations. They are the regulators. Perhaps they didn't ask for a demo but wanted to test the process from scratch, and got tired of waiting.

If they've had it now since April we haven't heard yet what they think about it.

If they can’t meet the safety score requirements they shouldn’t be in any position to evaluate the safety of FSD Beta 😂

I hope I get the update on Saturday!!! Two more sleeps😂😂
Not a chance in hell. It will be as ALWYAS a slow rollout process checking for bugs. For most of us it will be a couple of weeks or more depending on the bugs and sub versions needed. Stereotypical would be about 10 to 16 days after selected influencer's release and likely version 10.69.2 after some revisions.

Not a chance in hell. It will be as ALWYAS a slow rollout process checking for bugs. For most of us it will be a couple of weeks or more depending on the bugs and sub versions needed. Stereotypical would be about 10 to 16 days after selected influencer's release and likely version 10.69.2 after some revisions.
You can look at @EVNow 's release history thread to see the time frame. The last 4 updates have taken between 8 and 32 days between the time the initial release comes out to when it's widely released.