Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The main reason to keep the foot on the brake is to be able to disengage quickly - additionally it will slow down the car when it is trying to hit another car or VR or does anything wrong. Since we need to react lot more quickly in all these cases, I keep my foot over the brake.

Need to press accelerator are rarer (in my case) and also don't have to react that quickly.

I'm also an accel pedal hoverer. Around here, it's very easy to annoy other drivers for driving too timidly, so I have way more need for an accelerator nudge than a brake disengagement.

I find that my muscle memory for an emergency brake is well established as a heel pivot, then brake press. so having the foot over the accelerator pedal is also a smaller deviation from how i normally drive. I have never accidentally hit the accelerator when intending to brake hard.

• Love
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
I find that my muscle memory for an emergency brake is well established as a heel pivot, then brake press. so having the foot over the accelerator pedal is also a smaller deviation from how i normally drive. I have never accidentally hit the accelerator when intending to brake hard.
Yes!

It's so important to be actively driving the vehicle when using FSD, rather than reacting to it. That's the key benefit of judicious accelerator use. You're involved and taking control of the driving task, which of course is what we're supposed to be doing. We're not just observing or monitoring (FSD) - those are secondary responsibilities after the driving task!

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Daniel in SD
So I personally tested the latest alpha build of full self-driving software when I drive my car and it is really I think profoundly better than people realize. It’s like amazing. So it’s almost getting to the point where I can go from my house to work with no interventions, despite going through construction and widely varying situations. So this is why I am very confident about full self-driving functionality being complete by the end of this year, is because I’m literally driving it.
From Q2 2020

I may be wrong here, but wasn't FSD Beta 10.69.2 supposed to include some previous updates that non-FSD-Beta cars got that FSD Beta cars didn't?
For example, the ability to monitor your security cameras via the Tesla app while you're not in your Tesla?
Maybe I imagined reading this somewhere.....
The features you get depend on the vehicle and version you have. I have a legacy X and got almost no new features with this build.

I may be wrong here, but wasn't FSD Beta 10.69.2 supposed to include some previous updates that non-FSD-Beta cars got that FSD Beta cars didn't?
For example, the ability to monitor your security cameras via the Tesla app while you're not in your Tesla?
Maybe I imagined reading this somewhere.....
You should have everything that anyone else on the 2022.20.X branch has, plus FSDb.

From Q2 2020

And he was correct.

Your inability to understand what functionally complete is notwithstanding.

Let me, as I so often need do with your posts, help you understand!

Elon Musk said:
I’ve gone through this timeline before several times, but it is often misconstrued that there’s three major levels to autonomy. There’s the car being able to be autonomous, but requiring supervision and intervention at times. That’s feature complete. Then it doesn’t mean like every scenario, everywhere on earth, including every corner case, it just means most of the time.

FSDBeta has been doing that for a while (the value for 'at times' varying by driver, situation, and location)

No
“Nyc to la with no human input”
“The car will drop you off in a parking lot and go park itself”
“Your car will have robotaxi capability”

Those…are what consumers were/are being told by the CEO and/or the website RIGHT NOW as being completed product that they paid for.

Not the mess that currently can’t even detect which signal light at an intersection to use for staying out or proceeding through the intersection much less will it be out of BETA and formally into “PROD” ANYTIME soon

🤣🤣

🔥🔥🔥

Last edited:
No
“Nyc to la with no human input”
“The car will drop you off in a parking lot and go park itself”
“Your car will have robotaxi capability”

Those…are what consumers were/are being told by the CEO and/or the website RIGHT NOW as being completed product that they paid for.

Not the mess that currently can’t even detect which signal light at an intersection to use for staying out or proceeding through the intersection much less will it be out of BETA and formally into “PROD” ANYTIME soon

🤣🤣

🔥🔥🔥
I am surprised there has not been a lawsuit over this. How about the people that bought into this years ago and have nothing to show for it ? Some have moved on to other cars by now. Musk is great at empty promises but I think his day of reckoning is coming. I am surprised he hasn’t offered rocket boosters on the new Roadster. Oh wait a minute, he did.

Reactions: 2101Guy
I am surprised there has not been a lawsuit over this. How about the people that bought into this years ago and have nothing to show for it ? Some have moved on to other cars by now. Musk is great at empty promises but I think his day of reckoning is coming. I am surprised he hasn’t offered rocket boosters on the new Roadster. Oh wait a minute, he did.
Yes
The AUDACITY of some of these simps who are STILL making excuses for the false advertising/not delivering on what was promised. The GALL.

Reactions: am_dmd and DanCar
Said the new roadster (which will NEVER see the light of day) will hover.

And fools BELIEVE HIM

😂😂

View attachment 851509

I don't understand this, maybe because I don't understand NN. How can there be a "bug" of that specificity in a CNN inference engine? Maybe he means a detection response bug in the planner?

There doesn't have to be a direct connection. There could be a bug somewhere deep in the vulnerable road user network computation or its use. And it was an automated performance monitoring test (perhaps on synthetic data) which had a class of tests involving 'detecting pedestrian' and the CI system found a statistically significant performance regression.

In sum, 8% detecting pedestrians was the observed signal which justified people hunting for the bugs, but the bug was probably not so cleanly isolated.

Reactions: alstoralset
Elon Musk said:
I’ve gone through this timeline before several times, but it is often misconstrued that there’s three major levels to autonomy. There’s the car being able to be autonomous, but requiring supervision and intervention at times. That’s feature complete. Then it doesn’t mean like every scenario, everywhere on earth, including every corner case, it just means most of the time.
This is a whole new level of autonowashing.
A car is not by any definition autonomous if it requires constant supervision. The word autonomous literarily means that you do not need to supervise it. All other OEMs call what is described above as "supervised automation", also called Level 2.

Almost the whole problem of autonomy is reliability.