Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At 1000 per week starting at people who already have a safety score of 100 but don't yet have Beta? Then 99, 98, 97.. unless there are glitches.

"Expanding to safety scores above 80" could still mean weeks, months... Plus he didn't say ALL people with safety scores above 80, it could just mean some people above 80, you know the YouTubers.

He's non specific as always but we all hope he means ALL, right away.

How about "Beta expanding to all drivers with safety scores above 80, at 10k per day, starting 24 hours after 10.69.2.1 is released to the first driver, subject to 10.69.2.1 having no significant safety regressions, and continuing until all qualifying drivers have it, no maximum cap on quantity."
This guy Elons.

Reactions: DarkForest
It doesn't take too long to figure out how to use FSD Beta, but with the software potentially being released to a much larger group, a tutorial video should be produced, or created by one of the Youtubers, showing/explaining all the FSD settings and how to properly engage/disengage it. Also the reporting feature, and the data requirements for it (some people have data caps and should be made aware of the amount of data being transmitted with each report).

At 1000 per week starting at people who already have a safety score of 100 but don't yet have Beta? Then 99, 98, 97.. unless there are glitches.

Where did you get this piece of info from?

Sorry, it was a sarcastic post, just guessing on possible rollout numbers. My point being that Elon's tweet was so vague as to mean almost nothing in definite terms.

Reactions: joenathan
It doesn't take too long to figure out how to use FSD Beta, but with the software potentially being released to a much larger group, a tutorial video should be produced, or created by one of the Youtubers, showing/explaining all the FSD settings and how to properly engage/disengage it. Also the reporting feature, and the data requirements for it (some people have data caps and should be made aware of the amount of data being transmitted with each report).
Or, just have some common sense, and realize that you have to be diligent and monitor everything at all times. “Supervised level 2”… but yes, maybe one of the YouTube PR department members can help the n00bs along…

So when FSD is "finished" by end of this year, what will that actually mean?

Unfortunately I think it means that major development for HW3 will stop and Elon will order his people to work on developing for HW4 and the upcoming robotaxi-only car with no manual controls. Next shiny thing. Big projections of massive robo revenues to spike the stock price (Elon is over leveraged and is going to be forced to buy twitter).

Are people really acting like these statements don't exist and calling other people crazy for posting them?

These are white and black statements.

I omitted so many and i stopped cataloging his statements after end of 2020. Because he just rinse and repeat the same statements.

Imagine if other companies went around everywhere in every public statement saying "This greatest feature/product you have been waiting on will be released in 1 year. I'm certain of it! This is not a question mark. You are a fool if you don't believe me. I am confident we will release it in 1 year. I would be shocked if we don't release it in 1 year. etc"

That company/ceo would get eaten alive. pounced by everyone. But not Tesla/Elon Musk.
He can literally say whatever he wants and gets a free pass.

Feb 19 2019: "We will be feature complete full self driving this year. The car will be able to find you in a parking lot, pick you up, take you all the way to your destination without an intervention this year. I'm certain of that. That is not a question mark. It will be essentially safe to fall asleep and wake up at their destination towards the end of next year"

January 2016: "In ~2 years, summon should work anywhere connected by land & not blocked by borders, eg you're in LA and the car is in NY"

May 9th 2019: "We could have gamed an LA/NY Autopilot journey last year, but when we do it this year, everyone with Tesla Full Self-Driving will be able to do it too"

June 2016: "I really consider autonomous driving a solved problem, I think we are less than two years away from complete autonomy, safer than humans, but regulations should take at least another year," Musk said.

March 2017: "I think that [you will be able to fall asleep in a tesla] is about two years"

March 2018: "I think probably by end of next year [end of 2019] self-driving will encompass essentially all modes of driving and be at least 100% to 200% safer than a person."

Nov 15, 2018: "Probably technically be able to [self deliver Teslas to customers doors] in about a year then its up to the regulators"

April 12th 2019: "I think it will require detecting hands on wheel for at least six months.... I think this was all really going to be swept, I mean, the system is improving so much, so fast, that this is going to be a moot point very soon. No, in fact, I think it will become very, very quickly, maybe and towards the end this year, but I say, I'd be shocked if not next year, at the latest that having the person, having human intervene will decrease safety. DECREASE! (in response to human supervision and adding driver monitoring system)"

April 22nd 2019: "We expect to be feature complete in self driving this year, and we expect to be confident enough from our standpoint to say that we think people do not need to touch the wheel and can look out the window sometime probably around the second quarter of next year."

April 22nd 2019: "We expect to have the first operating robot taxi next year with no one in them! One million robot taxis!"

April 29th 2020: "we could see robotaxis in operation with the network fleet next year, not in all markets but in some."

Jan 1, 2021: "Tesla Full Self-Driving will work at a safety level well above that of the average driver this year, of that I am confident. Can’t speak for regulators though."

Jan 27, 2021: "at least 100% safer than a human driver"

Can we agree they are not public statements if they are made on a social media platform? How many people bought their tesla without ever seeing those statements? I personally had no idea he made them, as I'm not on Twitter. I read articles about the car for its features and safety, and crash test results.

If his Twitter comments were published on the company website, I would have noticed them. Some people here make it seem like everyone read his tweets and fell for his lies when buying their car, but I bet it's a small number of people compared to the millions of cars sold.

Can we agree they are not public statements if they are made on a social media platform? How many people bought their tesla without ever seeing those statements? I personally had no idea he made them, as I'm not on Twitter. I read articles about the car for its features and safety, and crash test results.

If his Twitter comments were published on the company website, I would have noticed them. Some people here make it seem like everyone read his tweets and fell for his lies when buying their car, but I bet it's a small number of people compared to the millions of cars sold.
Nope. I don’t agree that statements made on social media are not considered public statements.

His statements that got him fined by the SEC were due to tweets/social media statements.

In the end, if you are correct? The judge will toss out this current filing before it even gets to be a class action.

I was aware of his statements when I was considering whether to buy FSD for $10k last year. It quickly became apparent that Elon Musk is a perpetual liar so I discounted his statements and dropped FSD from my order. The car (model S refresh) has been great. The lying nonsense about FSD and order times (eight months delayed for me) needs to stop.

For new Tesla buyers, the tricky thing is that you assume that a company putting out such great, cutting-edge products is going to be careful and honest in their representations.

Can we agree they are not public statements if they are made on a social media platform?
No. The platform is publicly accessible, and the intention was to make the statement publicly available.

I personally think 10.69.2 is 🔥🔥🔥 and love it, and I also recognize that Musk has repeatedly made false statements regarding the state of FSD.

It doesn’t matter if people were directly aware of his statements. His statements affected the value of the product and indirectly affected everyone who bought a Tesla.

I was aware of his statements when I was considering whether to buy FSD for $10k last year. It quickly became apparent that Elon Musk is a perpetual liar so I discounted his statements and dropped FSD from my order. The car (model S refresh) has been great. The lying nonsense about FSD and order times (eight months delayed for me) needs to stop.

For new Tesla buyers, the tricky thing is that you assume that a company putting out such great, cutting-edge products is going to be careful and honest in their representations.
When I purchased FSD on my prior S, I made the purchase based on multiple statements he made including the timelines he gave for Robotaxi service, including the title (FULL self driving), his statements on when he expected to achieve L5, and more. I (foolishly) assumed that he was a very truthful person. I also remember watching that FSD demo video on (Tesla)‘s publicly accessible website and had no idea that it was doctored and fraudulent and that the vehicle actually ended up running into a concrete wall. So yes, I definitely felt/feel misled

Elon's statements on social media are instantly picked up by the media and become Tesla stories. They are absolutely public statements and are Tesla News.

The only problem with Tesla News: at the bottom of each story in the media is "We tried to verify this with Tesla but they have no PR department".

Virtually all things you read about when trying to decide if you want to buy a Tesla have come through non-official sources. Except a bit of marketing on their website. You can't even take a test drive in many cases.

Edit: that's what people say, but on Tesla's website it says "Schedule a Test Drive". CAN you take a test drive then? Why do people say you can't?

Last edited:
Elon's statements on social media are instantly picked up by the media and become Tesla stories. They are absolutely public statements and are Tesla News.

The only problem with Tesla News: at the bottom of each story in the media is "We tried to verify this with Tesla but they have no PR department".

Virtually all things you read about when trying to decide if you want to buy a Tesla have come through non-official sources. Except a bit of marketing on their website. You can't even take a test drive in many cases.

Edit: that's what people say, but on Tesla's website it says "Schedule a Test Drive". CAN you take a test drive then? Why do people say you can't?
You don’t need to go to Elon’s statements. When I bought a car in 2021, the website itself said that FSD — auto steer on city streets — was coming later in 2021. If I believed that were true, I would have bought it, but I knew it was false so I didn’t pay the $10k.

Tesla’s best defense at this point may be that nobody would rely on anything they say.

Tesla’s best defense at this point may be that nobody would rely on anything they say.
Well they certainly can't blame regulations. Up to and including today they have not been held back from releasing FSD AoCS because of regulations.

So that leaves 'they haven't made the software' and by extension 'it hasn't been verified'. Which may kind of work as an excuse for a while. Years and years past the point they said "coming later this year" each time is not an excuse.

Saying "nobody believes us anyway" is probably immediate grounds for a refund.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2101Guy
Again, for those still defending Tesla, saying “but he didn’t promise”, “but tweets don’t count”, etc? That’s fine. Stick with him.

If the judge does indeed find that there is zero merit to the lawsuit? It will immediately get tossed out/dismissed due to zero evidence like has happened with various other Lawsuits.