Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Partial release notes:
Enabled FSD Beta on highway. This unifies the vision and planning stack on and off-highway and replaces the legacy highway stack, which is over four years old. The legacy highway stack still relies on several single-camera and single-frame networks, and was setup to handle simple lane-specific maneuvers. FSD Beta's multi-camera video networks and next-gen planner, that allows for more complex agent interactions with less reliance on lanes, make way for adding more intelligent behaviors, smoother control and better decision making.
Improved Occupancy Network's recall for close by obstacles and precision in severe weather conditions with 4x increase in transformer spatial resolution, 20% increase in image featurizer capacity, improved side camera calibration, and 260k more video training clips (real-world and simulation).

Reduced the predicted velocity error of very close-by motorcycles, scooters, wheelchairs, and pedestrians by 63.6%. To do this, we introduced a new dataset of simulated adversarial high speed VRU interactions. This update improves autopilot control around fast-moving and cutting-in VRUs.

Improved creeping profile with higher jerk when creeping starts and ends.

Improved control for nearby obstacles by predicting continuous distance to static geometry with the general static obstacle network.

Reduced vehicle "parked" attribute error rate by 17%, achieved by increasing the dataset size by 14%. Also improved brake light accuracy.

Improved clear-to-go scenario velocity error by 5% and highway scenario velocity error by 10%, achieved by tuning loss function targeted at improving performance in difficult scenarios.

Improved detection and control for open car doors.

Improved smoothness through turns by using an optimization-based approach to decide which road lines are irrelevant for c[unreadable] given lateral and longitudinal acceleration and jerk limits as we[unreadable] vehicle kinematics.

Improved stability of the FSD UI visualizations by optimizing ethernet data transfer pipeline by 15%.

Improved recall for vehicles directly behind ego, and improve precision for vehicle detection network.

“Grandma” who bought FSD because her grandson told her to can’t even understand adaptive cruise control when it’s on, much less a “Full self driving” car that isn’t actually full self driving and requires a precise amount of pull on the wheel etc.
My expectation is that “grandpa” will turn it on once, FSD will do something that scares him, and then he’ll never turn it on again. I hope the first time uses like this are scary but harmless.

First pic of single stack FSD Beta on highway? (courtesy of Frenchie on Twitter)

FhZxQUzXoAIazNy

Last edited:
My expectation is that “grandpa” will turn it on once, FSD will do something that scares him, and then he’ll never turn it on again
LOL! As a grandpa to 8, I find that statement to be both sexist and profiling. 😁

I know many more Tesla owners who bought FSD with zero interest for the beta. Think they will be waiting a while! Almost all (which isn't hard) are a LOT younger than me. 🤔

Just like my E-Bike allows me to be much more active than a regular bicycle, I hope as FSD matures (and I age) that it will will someday extend my mobility compared to a conventional vehicle.

First pic of single stack FSD Beta on highway? (courtesy of Frenchie on Twitter)

I'm skeptical, unless they've also shown their software tab. I have a similar highway near me, with 3 lanes separated from 2 lanes by a double white line, and FSD Beta waits until the divider merges prior to switching to NOA.

Edit: Found the tweet, they say it's only 10.69.3:

If the car becomes occluded the Beta will do a better job remember it so when it reappears.
In the jargon of Av/AI engineers, the word "recall" does not mean remembering what it saw. It's more like a synonym of seeing or "detection" in the first place. This is certainly confusing but apparently now well-established.

See this prior discussion from the 10.69 thread on the very same topic:
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/7040375

and the Wikipedia entry linked by @johnm :
Precision and Recall - Wikipedia