Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
7CF8D1EF-A952-4578-8DDC-50F75AF93297.jpeg

Oh man - this place and reddit are going to be our gift out of the holiday release.

If it didn't go wide to the ~160k before being forced on the fleet for bugs and feedback the blowback will be epic (as a way of easing everyone else in, not QC)

If you thought the UI v11 feedback was something just wait for this. Tesla has gone way more mainstream now than the tech curious and I'll be interested to see how it gets covered in social media, Tesla media, and regular.

Reactions: Matias
If it didn't go wide to the ~160k before being forced on the fleet for bugs and feedback the blowback will be epic (as a way of easing everyone else in, not QC)

If you thought the UI v11 feedback was something just wait for this. Tesla has gone way more mainstream now than the tech curious and I'll be interested to see how it gets covered in social media, Tesla media, and regular.
I hear you. I bet Elon wants to tout something for year end and FSD is years overdue. TSLA SP needs a positive narrative as China appears to be increasingly negative for now. For sure it could backfire but he's a risk taker.

Reformulated the autoregressive Vector Lanes grammar to improve precision of lanes by 9.2%, recall of lanes by 18.7%, and recall of forks by 51.1%. Includes a full network update where all components were re-trained with 3.8x the amount of data.
Hm, so if they had 99,0% recall and precision before this improvement, an improvement to 99,9% would be only 0,91% if my calculation is correct. Wth how poor is their precision and recall really? Why dont they tell their customers?

Hm, so if they had 99,0% recall and precision before this improvement, an improvement to 99,9% would be only 0,91% if my calculation is correct. Wth how poor is their precision and recall really? Why dont they tell their customers?
No, that would be a 10x improvement, reducing error rate by 90%, which I think they would call an improvement of “precision” or “recall” of 90%.

That would be the standard interpretation anyway, I think.

Anyone seeing any improvements with intersections and lane selections now that 10.69.3 can supposedly read lane markings?
Hard to say. I had beta swerve between lanes as I approached one intersection. Perhaps it was correcting itself at the last second.

Problem is that lane markings on the pavement are often badly worn or obscured by traffic. FSDb needs to read the lane assignment signs that are posted at intersections when available.

Reactions: impastu
I expect the subscription price will increase with the wide release of FSD beta. It's remained constant for the past year despite outright FSD purchase having gone up 50%.
The subscription will be their main money maker, I guarantee. Once FSD releases for everyone people will want to subscribe for their commute, road trips, etc. I see Tesla making more off subscriptions than those who buy it outright.

Tesla shouldn't start charging for the subscription until you have actually been given access to the FSB Beta.
The subscription, like the outright purchase of FSD, is for "released" EAP/FSD features (even though most of those are also technically still deemed to be in a beta state):
Navigate on Autopilot
Auto Lane Change
Smart Summon
Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control

These, whatever people might think they're worth, are the things that are officially part of the EAP/FSD packages and they become available immediately upon purchase or subscription, no safety score qualification is required.

FSD beta is the in-development step beyond that; it is mostly the feature called Autosteer on City Streets that is in the FSD feature list as not presently included but "coming soon". It's not a promised part of the subscription or purchase, but you do get the chance to request it, wait for it, go through safety score and so on.

So if you subscribe and get the currently available features immediately, but you don't get the most highly anticipated features i.e. FSDb, you're not being cheated out of anything. I'm not rushing to defend the pricing of FSD here, just responding to the technicality of whether Tesla should delay collecting money just because a subscriber isn't yet admitted into the FSD beta access.

It looks like all this is about to become moot anyway. According to Elon, all paying FSD customers will shortly be able to get Autosteer on City Streets, in addition to a newer version of highway NoA, and maybe even a new and actually useful version of parking-lot Smart Summon, without going through the safety score qualification and waiting period.

Even after that happens, I'm not sure that the current safety-score FSDb people will lose their advanced-track access. It would make sense that people in that group, having demonstrated their ability to handle the risks, continue to receive more advanced releases for field testing even after the so-called Wide Release of FSD beta. There's still a long way to go beyond the first wide release of City Streets, and the large volunteer network testing model has been working fairly well for Tesla.

I also think that it will take more time before the current legacy FSD code is actually replaced and/or becomes completely unavailable. There will always be some number of FSD users who have become very accustomed to the prior software and would make a lot of noise if they were forced off of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yelobird
Chuck’s turn will require it. Easy to get 90% success if you can shoot 2 second gaps.
Yep, they are keeping that in their back pocket. Will be a quantum leap. It definitely needs to be way faster and the body language it would add would be easy for the driver to interpret. Would be no question about when the car was going. YOLO!

Big plus is they can override software limits on slower cars when in FSD, and incentivize use of FSD this way.