TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Elon in a segment on Bloomberg TV, 2013/10/25

Discussion in 'Video' started by SwedishAdvocate, Oct 25, 2013.

1. SwedishAdvocate

SwedishAdvocate Active Member

#1 SwedishAdvocate, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
    Tesla CEO Says Model S Fire Caused by Metal Debris: Video - Bloomberg

Parts of this segment are also included in the longer format “Bloomberg West[SUP]1[/SUP]” (24:20 – 27:50). Therefore, there is a partial transcript here:

Musk Talks Model S Fire: Bloomberg West (10/24): Video - Bloomberg

(On a glance that partial transcript does not appear to be very accurate though…)

[SUP]1[/SUP]There's also a segment on in house battery production at Ford (22:00 – 24:20).

2. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

#2 doug, Oct 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Here's another video with interviewer test driving the car.

He seems a bit skeptical about charging. Rather silly that he thinks you're supposed to wait around with the car for it to charge. You're in London. You drove to the city for a reason. Let the car charge while you go about your business.

3. Mayhemm

Mayhemm Model S P85+ "Lola"

Some people (me too, somewhat) are understandably wary of abandoning a $100K vehicle in an obviously vulnerable state where it may be subject to vandalism (someone taking a boot to the charge connector comes to mind) or, in the case of using the UMC, simply unplugging you.

4. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Concerns about vandalism are reasonable. I don't think, however, that's what he was alluding to. With the range of the model S, a slow charge like that probably wouldn't be necessary anyway.

5. Mayhemm

Mayhemm Model S P85+ "Lola"

Agreed. On a second viewing, I think the reporter was implying that while charging stations are numerous in Britain, they aren't very powerful (resulting in long charge times).

Home charging would indeed be faster, but is it a viable option for most people in London? I know on this side of the pond many city-dwellers have trouble arranging home charging if they live in a community building like a condo or apartment. I'd think that would apply to many Londoners as well.