Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon is asking for what you'll like fixed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a few interesting requests hidden in a sea of idiots thinking they're original asking for free cars or suggesting it should fly.

And a few idiots complaining about YT celebrities getting free cars for referrals. "Björn got a million dollars worth of cars!?" How many direct referrals does he have? How many indirect referrals? He's basically Tesla's advertising budget.

It'd be nice to have a more useful place than twitter to talk about such things. I'd like a few small bits (in no particular order):

1. Roll up/down windows from the remote?
2. "Stay in the right when not passing" mode.
3. I'd like front proximity sensors to be active when backing up (for no reason whatsover. :/ )

My teenage child is almost ready to start learning to drive. I want her to drive in the safest car made, namely the Model 3. My biggest hestency is putting her into a car with SO much acceleration. Way easier than all the other safety features Tesla has built and is building into their cars is to simply allow parents to lock in chill mode with a password. I bet that feature alone will save lives.

ie see this thread:
Model X hits tree at close to 100 MPH and flies 100 feet into a river - everyone survived

Last edited:
Reactions: Bogobec
My teenage child is almost ready to start learning to drive. I want her to drive in the safest car made, namely the Model 3. My biggest hestency is putting her into a car with SO much acceleration. Way easier than all the other safety features Tesla has built and is building into their cars is to simply allow parents to lock in chill mode with a password. I bet that feature alone will save lives.

ie see this thread:
Model X hits tree at close to 100 MPH and flies 100 feet into a river - everyone survived
Same dilemma - while they are the safest cars on the road, I'm not sure I want it to be the first driving experience. Between the acceleration (which can be managed with the password locked speed restriction/chill mode) and the near 100% touch screen controls with no tactile feedback leading to taking the eyes off the road, I'm concerned the experience will end poorly for the car.

Reactions: mikevbf
Same dilemma - while they are the safest cars on the road, I'm not sure I want it to be the first driving experience. Between the acceleration (which can be managed with the password locked speed restriction/chill mode) and the near 100% touch screen controls with no tactile feedback leading to taking the eyes off the road, I'm concerned the experience will end poorly for the car.

Also, a way to disable AutoPilot/NOA for a kid. An adult knows when AutoPilot is doing the wrong thing and can intervene in time. A kid just learning to drive doesn't.

Assuming Tesla fixes the current bugs and continues to progress on EAP/FSD, the areas where Tesla should consider for improvements:
  • Better smart phone integration, such as screen mirroring, text-to-voice and voice-to-text for text messages/e-mails, and allowing use of 3rd party apps (from a smartphone). Since drivers are forced to use their smartphones for these features today, integrating them into the console should improve safety while driving.

• Better support for the supercharger and destination charger network - through the onboard console, smartphone app and website. Tesla should be able to provide real-time status of each of the chargers, provide advice on which specific chargers to use, and even predict near-future (next 30-60 minutes) charger usage based on the vehicles currently at and approaching the supercharger (under navigation). The software could also help encourage more effective use of the shared chargers. Since Tesla will likely be the only manufacturer with their own charging network - better integrated support for the charging network would be a significant advantage for owning a Tesla.

• Improve Tesla's software development and release process. Provide release notes PRIOR to installing a software update; and provide more information in those release notes indicating the major bugs and specific minor features added or changed in each release. Provide the ability for owners to request a software update be downloaded and installed in their vehicles - using the onboard software, smartphone app or the MyTesla website. Provide the ability to rollback to the last stable version of the previous major release; if there's a major flaw in a new update, owners would have the ability to go back to a previous version that worked better. And, make the beta testing open to all Tesla owners - having more customers provide early testing, prior to general release should help Tesla detect the obvious flaws and bugs that seem to get into the major releases (like the V9 media player bugs or the feedback about the new limitations on display layout).
And if they want to get a burst of quick revenue - provide a limited time period for any owner with a software limited vehicle to purchase the upgrade to activate those features at a discount. Since those owners have already decided not to enable that feature - doing this won't impact Tesla's future revenue. Tesla seems to be doing this now with EAP activation - with the short term EAP trial and offer of activating EAP at a lower price. They could do the same on software limited battery packs and onboard chargers (our S 100D evidently has a 72A charger, software limited to 48A).