Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon is asking for what you'll like fixed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully you are all tweeting him on your ideas. It’s pointless to share them here without actually tweeting him.

I only have 2 requests and I tweeted him:
1. Fix the damn USB music player
2. Implement geofenced keep car unlocked inside my garage.

• Love
Reactions: pilotSteve
My teenage child is almost ready to start learning to drive. I want her to drive in the safest car made, namely the Model 3. My biggest hestency is putting her into a car with SO much acceleration. Way easier than all the other safety features Tesla has built and is building into their cars is to simply allow parents to lock in chill mode with a password. I bet that feature alone will save lives.

ie see this thread:
Model X hits tree at close to 100 MPH and flies 100 feet into a river - everyone survived
Speed limit mode (max speed limit restricted with a pin or from the app) already exists. When a max speed limit is set, the car is in reduced performance mode (chill) as well. Feature is already there.

• Informative
Reactions: mikevbf
Same dilemma - while they are the safest cars on the road, I'm not sure I want it to be the first driving experience. Between the acceleration (which can be managed with the password locked speed restriction/chill mode) and the near 100% touch screen controls with no tactile feedback leading to taking the eyes off the road, I'm concerned the experience will end poorly for the car.

In that vein, I would like broader control of the interface through voice control. For example, the ability to bring up the rear facing camera on the screen without looking down at the bottom of the screen and pushing a small button while driving. And while we're on the topic of the rear facing camera, it would be awesome if there was way to clean/clear it from inside the car while driving (preferably through a voice command as well).

I just made some suggestions on the Model Y thread which I realized would be great on the Teslas. There should be a pass through slot on the rear seats for skis in a ski bag so you do not have to reduce aerodynamics by mounting them to roof or let them get filthy in rear rack.

Another big one would be to design side mirrors to be removed and replaced camera stalks after purchase. This is legal today and would have a significant positive effect on aerodynamics and thus range.

Geofencing that keep the car unlocked at the home location (so a valet can't set it to auto-unlock at some random location). If my kids leave even one item in the X I have to follow them back to the X with keys in hand. My X is autonomous but my kids aren't - I hand them the key fob I might as well have the SC on speed-dial to issue new ones lol

Reactions: pilotSteve
Geofencing that keep the car unlocked at the home location (so a valet can't set it to auto-unlock at some random location). If my kids leave even one item in the X I have to follow them back to the X with keys in hand. My X is autonomous but my kids aren't - I hand them the key fob I might as well have the SC on speed-dial to issue new ones lol

I don't know if it solves your problem, but why not grab your phone and unlock from wherever you are? I use this all the time.

This really not a fix but my other cars have a dim led light on the ceiling shining on the console offering some light at night just enough so you can see things. Dark interior at night, it is really hard to see anything in the console or that area at night. Maybe on the plastic strip coming down the windshield?

• Be able to see which maps version I have and a “check for update “ button (I still don’t have drive on nav )
  • A mobile notification when the FWD are open for more than X minutes and no one in the car (I forget to close them! Seriously. Getting that spoiled)
  • Get notification if the windows are down when the car turns off (and being able to close them in the app)
  • Keep the headlights on even when closing the doors using the remote (another way I forget to close the doors !)
  • Car wash mode; blast the speakers even when doors are open and disable the keyfob door closing (I’ve closed the doors several times on myself Washing the car with the keys in the pocket !)
  • Passive mobile entry
  • See/stream the front facing camera in the mobile app on demand

Easiest thing to fix:
+ Geofencing for suspension at lower & lowest setting. I have no idea why they didn’t implement it.
+ The stability of summon feature: v9 is making that feature hard to use. It has problem when the car switches between cellular to wifi or when it is back from sleep: cannot control by the phone. The keyfob only brings the light on. I have to try 3-5 times before I hear the summon chime & hazard lights on.

Easy. Just give me a tone or alert that the car locked as I walk away. Simple one!
Bonus Points: Give me a configurable choice of a few tones to use as the alert.
Super Bonus points: Let me provide an MP3 to use as the alert (up to a second or two..)