TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Elon is Boring

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by muleferg, Feb 16, 2017.

1. muleferg

muleferg Active Member

2. wycolo

wycolo Active Member

Saw Elon (playing himself) on The Big Bang show yesterday. He was washing dishes alongside the Engineer at the Homeless Shelter Thanksgiving Day dinner. EM rules!
    --

3. cdub

cdub Future Model 3 owner / Current original Leaf owner

Swung by today. :) IMG_20170514_141541_1.jpg

• Informative x 1
  4. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

Elon Musk on Twitter
    What I love about The Boring Company are the low expectations. Nowhere to go but down.

FAQ

5. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

When I read the home page, it sounds like EM wrote all of that. I hear it in his voice!

Also on the media page is this video which is still unlisted with only 19 views (I guess 20 by now):

"This video is unlisted. Be considerate and think twice before sharing."

It's OK.. I thought twice before sharing.

6. voyager

voyager Member

Go 3D is easier up in the air. No expensive infrastructure like tunnels needed. If authorities will allow drones for parcel delivery, why not beef-up the rotors and airlift passengers? Electric rotor technology is constantly evolving, so are lightweighting and battery technology. If we expect cars to ‘2D-maneuver’ autonomously through dense city traffic... then it should be less of a problem to have rotor-equipped vehicles auto-pilot themselves through the air, where there’s lots of 3D space to maneuver... Right?

[​IMG]

7. cdub

cdub Future Model 3 owner / Current original Leaf owner

A. I don't think they're going to allow drones at scale for parcel delivering.

B. Noise. Wind. Things falling on my head.

In Elon we trust.

8. electracity

electracity Active Member

I'm in favor of drones as long as it is legal for me to bring them down with birdshot while on my own property.

9. jerry505

jerry505 Member

Claustrophobia would prevent me from using one of these long tunnels packed with cars traveling at high speed.

How many others feel the same?