Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon leaving the set of The Late Show in his model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The bearded dude looked pretty worried......either about security or the next appointment.

Pretty sure the bearded dude was trying to get an autograph. Security moved him away.

On another note, the Model S had no front plate. If the car is registered in NY, the driver could get a ticket for that. Perhaps that would have raised Musk's awareness of the need for some sort of optional recessed nosecone or something that provides a better solution than drilling the nosecone (the only official Tesla option) when front plates are required.

Colbert is not doing well with the first two shows I have seen. I expected much more from the interview with Elon. Stephen did not do a good job and take advantage to the fantastic guy he was talking to. He put too much into talking over Elon and staying in control of the conversation. Signs of insecurity.

As a shareholder, it's just a little scary to me to see him walking over to the random people waiting outside the door. Though it looks like he's got a fair number os "assistants" surrounding him, still. . .

Anyone else have that reaction?

Found this little video odd. People yelling out, no clapping or real "love" there, Elon with handlers all over him.
Much more enjoyable in October or 2012 - no handlers, mellow and appreciative crowd.
But great to see his Mom still nimble and smiling as she bounces into the back seat!

I've never really understood why "getting someone's autograph" is a thing.

For most of the people there right then? EBay. I've waited in that very paparazzi spot where the guy was taking the video to get a photo with someone I really liked after I've attended Letterman, but a lot of the people just bring something they can get signed and immediately put up on EBay.

As a shareholder, it's just a little scary to me to see him walking over to the random people waiting outside the door. Though it looks like he's got a fair number os "assistants" surrounding him, still. . .

Anyone else have that reaction?
I did not. We have allowed ourselves to be consumed by fear in this country. What happened to our spirit? There was zero risk there.