Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon: Less Work from Home, More FSD Beta | TMC Podcast #12

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Watch on YouTube.

Topics-
0:00 Intro
2:49 Elon's comments on no more work from home
17:22 Autopilot improvements
31:45 FSD Beta expansion
57:18 Comments from Podcast #11

Co-hosts:

Producers:

Audio version:

Social:

Support us-
PayPal: Pay Tesla Motors Club LLC using PayPal.Me
TeslaMotorsClub website: Account upgrades

TMC Podcast #10 final copy.jpg

Reactions: danny
I’m starting to to think the new m3 I have on order - has terrible cruise control that’s included with the car - and a blind spot mirror system that seems an afterthought- instead of a standard mirror sensor - it could even light up like a Tesla logo - is mr musk the world richest man and now the biggest “bully” -
Another great podcast

Reactions: danny
Some thoughts about working remotely (and what does it really mean these days)...

Some factory workers might resent those lazy people who sit around at home and don't know what's really going on. Others will resent those lazy office workers who sit around drinking coffee and bullshitting, and don't know what's really going on. Still others will resent the pompous management who sit in meetings and taking long lunches with glasses of wine... Basing important decisions on what the factory workers think about it is not the best excuse.

Tesla is mostly a software company, although perhaps Elon is too enamored with the hardware to realize it. Having worked as a software engineer for 25 years, I have some idea about how that works, and I can say that for most of us, coming into an office to work is not ideal. There are many distractions and interruptions in an office. To be productive, you need an office to block out noise, with a door, and if someone has a question, they can email you, and then possibly talk about it on the phone. How is this really any different than working at home? Yet you may need to waste an hour or two just getting to work, not to mention recover time if there's a lot of traffic. Plus the company needs to invest in each person for equipment and special needs. The good workers see this and resent being told they aren't working if they are not at the office. The only people who like it are the ones who like to socialize around the break room and talk.

These days, working remotely means going to the office. Elon needs to come down from his high horse and take a look at reality sometimes.

Reactions: doug and alangold