Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk Confirms New Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
can't help but call out the journalist here --- "Range was barely 200 miles, it was heavy, and didn’t inspire confidence with its compromised handling."

roadster was a massive feat at the time with impressive range that stands even today. handling? well, i find that it handles like a slot car and has to be one of the most fun and better handling cars i have driven.

Reactions: dhrivnak
Haha. I actually have one new in the box that I sort of lost and never put on my Model S. Found it in the deep well of the trunk when cleaning it out to be sold and ready to be put on the new car. Although I might cut one out of reflective black vinyl on my new vinyl cutter for something a bit different. I've never found those chrome ones to hold up very well before the surface started pitting.

UT Austin, BS Advertising. Should have graduated in 93 but left school early. Finished my degree in 2010.

Since the original Roadster was fairly small, it would make sense to use the Model 3 sled with two motors (and not make this an option on the Model 3). Completely different body and interior, of course, but this approach would dramatically decrease the development time.

Since the original Roadster was fairly small, it would make sense to use the Model 3 sled with two motors (and not make this an option on the Model 3). Completely different body and interior, of course, but this approach would dramatically decrease the development time.
Yes, that is what I also expect. But Elon has confirmed that Model 3 will get dual motors option, so that will not be exclusive to the next generation Roadster.