Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk Confirms Tesla Full Self-Driving Subscriptions Coming Early 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having completed a couple of 1,500 mile (round trip) road trips in the last few months and living with FSD for the last couple of years, I’ve come to the conclusion that AP plus lane change (turn signal activated) is all I ever want or need. I find NOA somewhat annoying actually... it changes lanes too often (I do appreciate the ability to turn off “exit passing lane” though) and is way too sketchy on merging to trust.

I have FSD on my cybertruck order but would never pay 10K for it given my usage of the features.

I use AP constantly and quite frankly I like to stay in my own lane on the freeway. It's like all settings on Auto Lane Change are Mad Max and I don't wanna deal with the drama most of the time. Don't change lanes, but at the same time drive by yourself dammit. There's the grey area now where autonomous driving interferes with your driving habits.

You can also bet that the city streets auto steer/nav on autopilot won’t be able to do a Melbourne hook turn for a very, very very very very long time.

I remember the time I rented a car, drove through Melbourne, and had to take a right turn.

There I was in the right most lane when I saw the dreaded "hook turn sign" showing that I actually needed to be in the leftmost lane! With the tram also running through the middle of the street, I was quite stressed...