Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk: Departing presidential councils

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's hard to negotiate with a potato.

Yes, unless American Taxpayers are primarily responsible for the costs of implementation of the UN Climate Accord, and China is permitted to make up any numbers they wish, we are worthless.

Without the UN to lead us, we as a nation are too stupid to set up PV, Wind, EV's, and other renewable energy sources.

If the UN leads the way to Climate protection, life will be perfect, just like the UN has dealt with the Middle East conflict dating back to the 1960's. They have done a wonderful job. Perhaps the UN should control our housing building codes too! I've alway wanted to live in a mud hut answering to diplomats in mansions.

Yes, unless American Taxpayers are primarily responsible for the costs of implementation of the UN Climate Accord, and China is permitted to make up any numbers they wish, we are worthless.

Without the UN to lead us, we as a nation are too stupid to set up PV, Wind, EV's, and other renewable energy sources.

If the UN leads the way to Climate protection, life will be perfect, just like the UN has dealt with the Middle East conflict dating back to the 1960's. They have done a wonderful job. Perhaps the UN should control our housing building codes too! I've alway wanted to live in a mud hut answering to diplomats in mansions.

Right, the UN should have solved the problems in the Middle East by now. Israel was carved out in 1948 and before that it was all rosy over there. I mean it's such an easy task and all. If they can't do that, then of course we don't want them dealing with climate change or I'll be living in a mud hut like McRat.

Is a Tesla EV going to be a political billboard or the next step in automotive engineering?

Why you think these things are mutually exclusive makes no sense to me.

Because EM has made it clear that Tesla is not just about cars. It's about living off renewable energy as a life style. And how is it political when he is just pointing out that the orange peel's rejection of climate change is wrong and is just refusing to partake in his charade any longer? Am I being political when I say the orange peel has tiny hands and curtsied to the Saudi King?

EDIT: I guess referring him by his skin color can be seen as political.

Reactions: Jashev

This is not a program run by the UN (like its vaccination and disaster relief and starvation relief programs that save countless lives) but rather a contract, a treaty, between countries. And every civilized country has signed on. This makes Trump look like a fool except to his unthinking base (but not the republicans like his secretary of state, energy secretary, mitt Romney, Lindsey graham, George Shultz and lots more. And a bunch of the Fortune 500 companies, and institutional investors etc etc.

It's really just uneducated rednecks and the politicians that count on their support that are against it.

Elon did well to stay in long enough to make this point at this time. Now he shouldn't waste his time any further trying to influence someone so unrelentingly stupid.

So no one other than political science majors get a say on political matters? So that would include a businessman with an economics degree? Deal!

Would you want your front rear brake bias calculated by your CPA? Of course not.
Would you want your electoral districts defined by your architect? Sure.
Should scientists act like politicians? Tell people what they want to hear so the scientist keeps their job? Uh...

This is not a program run by the UN (like its vaccination and disaster relief and starvation relief programs that save countless lives) but rather a contract, a treaty, between countries. And every civilized country has signed on. This makes Trump look like a fool except to his unthinking base (but not the republicans like his secretary of state, energy secretary, mitt Romney, Lindsey graham, George Shultz and lots more. And a bunch of the Fortune 500 companies, and institutional investors etc etc.

It's really just uneducated rednecks and the politicians that count on their support that are against it.

Elon did well to stay in long enough to make this point at this time. Now he shouldn't waste his time any further trying to influence someone so unrelentingly stupid.

No, it's a UN program.

• Disagree
Reactions: cdub and Pezpunk
Would you want your front rear brake bias calculated by your CPA? Of course not.

Elon's Musk's knowledge of the environment is the same as my accountant's knowledge of brakes? Got it.

You place far too much emphasis on a degree which is surprising since I thought you would have the view that the institutions of higher learning are all run by left-wing loonies.

In any event, I deleted the post you referenced since it's no use discussing this issue with you, especially when it descends into discussions like this. The next thing you'll tell me is a "community organizer" isn't qualified to be President but the current one is. Been there, done that. Have a good day.

Should scientists act like politicians? Tell people what they want to hear so the scientist keeps their job? Uh...

Ha, a great attempt at strawman. Classic.
What you are implying is that if you aren't a CPA, you shouldn't do any accounting. That'd be a very interesting world and my job would be much easier.

Racist statement.

You got a very interesting take on defining race. Last time I checked, uneducated white is not a race. It's a Covfefe.