Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk: Departing presidential councils

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Actually the Cup cars also use Sonoma, but there are 5 road course for NASCAR series races. Also Mid-Ohio, Mosport, and Road American are used for Xfinity and Trucks.

But most folk understand the joke. Next time, wear platform shoes it might not go over your head. You're welcome!

To save money on tickets you can stage your own NASCAR race for your kids for under a dollar:

Everybody stand in the bathroom. Flush the toilet then throw a handful of Skittles in. Scream for your favor color to win!

That ignorant image is appalling.
17fssy.jpg

No one knows if climate change is man made, man worsened, or a purely natural occurrence. Anyone who claims otherwise is speculating. Regardless, we should limit polluting the earth with anything including CO2. That would be the safest move.

Paris agreement is an economically unfair deal for Americans, even though it is good for the planet. Whether you feel it's our moral obligation to "take one for the planet" more than any other country is a personal decision.

However, those who insult Trump and continue to pollute like most of Hollywood are attention seeking hypocrites.

No one knows if climate change is man made, man worsened, or a purely natural occurrence.
The physics of CO2 and methane molecules are well understood. If you understand why a glass greenhouse works then you understand the physics. Dumping more CO2 and methane into the atmosphere can have only one effect, just don't yet know the extent.

The physics of CO2 and methane molecules are well understood. If you understand why a glass greenhouse works then you understand the physics. Dumping more CO2 and methane into the atmosphere can have only one effect, just don't yet know the extent.

The Earth is much more complex than a greenhouse. The Earth is alive. Your argument doesn't prove causality. I respect your opinion. Those of you who feel strongly about this should open your wallet and write a check to Paris.

The Earth is much more complex than a greenhouse. The Earth is alive. Your argument doesn't prove causality. I respect your opinion. Those of you who feel strongly about this should open your wallet and write a check to Paris.
You speak as though there is no such thing as credible evidence. But you are right that those who feel strongly about this should donate to the cause whenever possible. I've already donated to multiple climate change concerned organizations this year, including the EDF, the NRDC, the 100% project, Citizens Climate Lobby, and a few others. I also bought a Tesla last year, as I believe Tesla is on the leading edge of developing technology that will help solve the problem. Keep up the support folks!

The Earth is much more complex than a greenhouse.

Of course, but not relevant. Increased greenhouse gases are going to trap more heat. Humans have dumped increased levels of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. That means we are artificially altering the atmosphere, without a solid grasp of the long term effects. We are running and uncontrolled experiment on that which keeps us alive. It's a monumentally stupid thing to do, especially when it need not continue.

Of course, but not relevant. Increased greenhouse gases are going to trap more heat. Humans have dumped increased levels of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. That means we are artificially altering the atmosphere, without a solid grasp of the long term effects. We are running and uncontrolled experiment on that which keeps us alive. It's a monumentally stupid thing to do, especially when it need not continue.

Actually, it is completely relevant, which is why I said it. Your artificial glass greenhouse model as proof that CO2 is responsible for climate change shows a very simplistic understanding of the real problem. Your argument might work to quell a high school student, but won't work on those of us with science or engineering backgrounds. I'm not implying your understanding is simplistic, for all I know you have this all figured out like a mad scientist. What you have written is simplistic and makes the argument less credible.

But yes, adding unnecessary amounts of CO2 to the atmosphere is a stupid thing to do.

How long has the US had a hall pass? Why do we get a freebie for pumping our waste into the atmosphere first?
since the US and other industrial nations were polluters for many years before newer nations began polluting are you really advocating that the US and western economies should be hobbled but chinese and indians can get a pass to pollute for a few more decades?
what kind of nonsense is this?

I would feel bad for every future Tesla purchaser if Trump now gets even with Musk by getting rid of the $7500 tax credits. Make that I would feel bad for every one except Trump's mouthpieces in these threads of the past couple days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zetopan
I would feel bad for every future Tesla purchaser if Trump now gets even with Musk by getting rid of the $7500 tax credits. Make that I would feel bad for every one except Trump's mouthpieces in these threads of the past couple days.
I actually rushed my MS order to get it before the end of 2016. Why? Because I figured that there was a good chance that Trump would pull the tax credit in 2017. I've been wrong so for, but...

Reactions: Zetopan